Mi 11 Pro "temporary bootloop"

Interviewer

Members
Jul 5, 2021
Hi everyone
My device is MI 11 PRO, 13.0.13 eu rom.
I posted a few months ago that the device suddenly died.
Didn't turn on and didn't respond at all.
I specially sent it to China for repair, and it came back working and turned on, and all the contents it had were saved, which means the main board was not replaced.
Within a day problems started. The device suddenly freezes and does not respond, and when I try to force a restart on it, it enters a strange bootloop, which combines all kinds of color errors (video attached).
But finally, after several times and about 4 minutes, the device manages to boot up and it works as usual, until the next time it freezes, and then the whole "temporary bootloop" thing comes back.

Is it possible to know for sure if the problem is in the software? It is scary to try to flash the ROM again, because if there is a hardware problem the device will turn off in the middle of the process and I will find myself in a bigger problem.

I would like to hear what you think and what can be done
Thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My Mi 11 PRO died after updating Stable 13.0.13 ROM via TWRP. Maybe the issue was caused by TWRP version, or perhaps motherboard was already defective from the beginning. The truth is that motherboard died. No flash was possible and I could not send it to repair because the device was already out of warranty.
If your device works, this means that motherboard has been repaired. In my opinion, flashing new ROM can be a good idea...

My Mi 11 PRO died after updating Stable 13.0.13 ROM via TWRP. Maybe the issue was caused by TWRP version, or perhaps motherboard was already defective from the beginning. The truth is that motherboard died. No flash was possible and I could not send it to repair because the device was already out of warranty.
If your device works, this means that motherboard has been repaired. In my opinion, flashing new ROM can be a good idea...

My device died again a few moments ago, but this time the computer does recognize it.
What can be done to flash a new ROM?

I think the most important thing is to check bootloader status. Flashing ROM is easier when bootloader is open. Look in this forum to find any thread about this topic.

I think the most important thing is to check bootloader status. Flashing ROM is easier when bootloader is open. Look in this forum to find any thread about this topic.
The phone died completely yesterday and is in a state that I understand is called "EDL", the computer recognizes it when connected
Can I still flashing in this mode?

You will need someone with edl authorisation codes. A paid for service by some non Xiaomi people. I have used them in the past so just do a search in these forums or on telegram. I am not allowed to post their links as they are not official. Cost me $23 for a flash by team viewer but still working fine.

You will need someone with edl authorisation codes. A paid for service by some non Xiaomi people. I have used them in the past so just do a search in these forums or on telegram. I am not allowed to post their links as they are not official. Cost me $23 for a flash by team viewer but still working fine.

The device turns on today! I have no idea what his problem is, but he is alive. What reason does he have to get stuck on Edl mode, and then decide to turn on normally?

Attachments

• PXL_20221206_062210738-min.jpg
    PXL_20221206_062210738-min.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 93
No idea but at least it's back working and it wasn't as bricked as you thought.

No idea but at least it's back working and it wasn't as bricked as you thought.
I decided it was worth trying to flash the stock chinese MIUI, in case the problem was in the software somehow. (If the problem is with the hardware then anyway for me it's lost, I won't send it to China again)
the flashing was successful, and I am currently using the device for almost two hours and everything seems to be fine.
I am currently on 13.0.13 CN.
To install xiaomi.eu rom again, do I need to download the last fastboot rom?
Or is it possible directly through TWRP?

You can use twrp, the latest EU ROM is in .zip format but don't forget, if you change ROM branch, you need to format data after flash and before boot. This is down to possible partition differences between them. After that just wipe dalvik cache on each twrp update.

You can use twrp, the latest EU ROM is in .zip format but don't forget, if you change ROM branch, you need to format data after flash and before boot. This is down to possible partition differences between them. After that just wipe dalvik cache on each twrp update.
Excellent, thank you very much !
Can you direct me to the latest TWRP for Mi 11 Pro?