Mi 11 Pro with bootloop not seen by MiFlash

wer_wien

Members
Oct 16, 2017
Good Evening,

Was on MIUI 14 when a bad Magisk installation led to a bootloop. In fastboot the phone is recognized in adb, but not in MiFlash. A stockrom installation in MyFlash might even save some user data, but since it does not see the device, that is just a nice dream.
Since i am new to the game i wonder whether there is a way to do a fastboot flash using adb, or any other way to unbrick the phone? Btw, the bootloader is unlocked.
Any help will be appreciated.

Good Evening,

Was on MIUI 14 when a bad Magisk installation led to a bootloop. In fastboot the phone is recognized in adb, but not in MiFlash. A stockrom installation in MyFlash might even save some user data, but since it does not see the device, that is just a nice dream.
Since i am new to the game i wonder whether there is a way to do a fastboot flash using adb, or any other way to unbrick the phone? Btw, the bootloader is unlocked.
Any help will be appreciated.
Read the instructions for each ROM release.
Everything given there.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Read the instructions for each ROM release.
Everything given there.

--
Thank you for your reply.
The only problem i have with it is that does not seem to help me solve my problem at all :( The phone worked OK with MIUI 14, ir was themistake i made installing Magisk that caused the bootloop.

Last edited:
The only problem i have with it is that does not seem to help me solve my problem at all :( The phone worked OK with MIUI 14, ir was themistake i made installing Magisk that caused the bootloop.
Reboot into TWRP and flash the original boot.img for your particular ROM again.

That way u don't have root and Magisk modules will not run I'm assuming.

Can you try that ?

--

Flash the ROM in fastboot again
You will lose your data but that should work.

Maybe you had some incompatible Magisk modules installed.

--

Thank you.
Unfortunately things went frtom bad to worse. This morning when i tried to follow your suggestions the device was no longher seen by adb. By pressing Vok + Power it shows Fastboot on the screen, but that is it. I can not boot it into recovery mode.. There no longer is a bootloop when i turn it on, it shows the MI logo for about 15 secs and then turns off..
Ordering a new (used) phone, because i do not have much hope for a quick fix.

wer_wien

Install xiaomi.eu ROM by fastboot method.
  • Download Xiaomi.eu ROM zip file
  • Extract the ROM zip to a new folder
  • Boot your device in Fastboot mode (Hold volume down + power buttons)
  • Connect to PC via USB cable
  • Run one of the installation scripts (according to your PC operating system):
    - first_install_with_data_format - with data wipe, if you're flashing Xiaomi.eu ROM for the first time or downgrading.
  • After the installation is complete, the device will automatically reboot into the system.
  • Done

Last edited:
Are you doing this to increase your number of posts, or are you getting paid for it?
I would kindly ask you to refrain from posting spam - if you do not understamd what the topic is about, or are unwilling to read, the polite thing is not to post.

Are you doing this to increase your number of posts, or are you getting paid for it?
I would kindly ask you to refrain from posting spam - if you do not understamd what the topic is about, or are unwilling to read, the polite thing is not to post.
What's wrong with what he replied? He's reposted the instructions on how to flash the ROM properly.
You said "By pressing Vok + Power it shows Fastboot on the screen, but that is it.", so what's wrong? As long as you have access to Fastboot and your device's bootloader is unlocked - it's not hard-bricked and can easily be restored to a working state.

P.S. I have no idea what ADB has anything to do with this discussion. ADB is not used for flashing ROMs.

Please let me quote from the original post:

A stockrom installation in MyFlash might even save some user data, but since it does not see the device ...

Since the device is not seen by MyFlash, how do you propose to flash something?

Please let me quote from the original post:

A stockrom installation in MyFlash might even save some user data, but since it does not see the device ...

Since the device is not seen by MyFlash, how do you propose to flash something?
Fastboot is the answer !!!
(forget MiFlash)

fastboot boot TWRP.img
Flash the ROM using TWRP
No data should be lost.

or

Fastboot
Use the first_time_install_xxxx.bat file to do a fresh install of the ROM.
You will lose your data doing this.

Only two (2) options.
Upto you now :)

--

Thank you for your help, and apologies for venting my frudtration.

The brick is rather temperamental - yesterday i tried at least 5 times to have the SDKplatform see the device (sorry, i called it adb), so there was absolutely nothing i could do (and was annoyed a.t suggestions that required some sort of access to the device).

First attempt today it again showed up as a device in SDK. I immediately followed your suggestion "fastboot boot TWRP.img" and it booted into TWRP. Excellent, but what do i do now? I do not know how i can copy anything into phone storage, so i can flash it?
TWRP presently offers me a Reboot
System
Power off
Recpvery
Bootloader
Fastbpot

and two buttons a the bottom

Sl0t A Slot B (currently Slot B)
-------------------------------

Is that of any use to me, or is there anything else hidden in TWRP?

Thank you for your help, and apologies for venting my frudtration.

The brick is rather temperamental - yesterday i tried at least 5 times to have the SDKplatform see the device (sorry, i called it adb), so there was absolutely nothing i could do (and was annoyed a.t suggestions that required some sort of access to the device).

First attempt today it again showed up as a device in SDK. I immediately followed your suggestion "fastboot boot TWRP.img" and it booted into TWRP. Excellent, but what do i do now? I do not know how i can copy anything into phone storage, so i can flash it?
TWRP presently offers me a Reboot
System
Power off
Recpvery
Bootloader
Fastbpot

and two buttons a the bottom

Sl0t A Slot B (currently Slot B)
-------------------------------

Is that of any use to me, or is there anything else hidden in TWRP?
Can you pls confirm if you are on official Xiaomi ROM or Xiaomi.eu custom ROM ?

--

star_global_images_ V14.0.1.0.TKAMIXM_13.0

erratum:
this is the one i downloaded on the computer, but i checked in the phone before and it said V14.0.1.0.TKAMIXM. No idea whether the OTA update differentiates between star and marrs?

Suggested, downloaded and installed by the phone after i uninstalled the Magisk bootloader. The phone worked OK.
Next i extracted boot.ini, copied it into phone storage, had it modified by Magiskcopied that back into the computer and flashed it, following instructions. Unfortunately i did not read ahead, because next it said that in the case of Dynamic Partitions you have to flash boot.ini twice, once wit code boot_a and then with boot_b. So i did these two as well.
Reboot went into a bootloop as described in the original post.

Another question, if i may - i read that in the case of Dynamic Partitions the system is usuallt on A, but TWRP suggests that mine is on B. Couls that be of any significance?

Last edited:

erratum:
this is the one i downloaded on the computer, but i checked in the phone before and it said V14.0.1.0.TKAMIXM. No idea whether the OTA update differentiates between star and marrs?

Suggested, downloaded and installed by the phone after i uninstalled the Magisk bootloader. The phone worked OK.
Next i extracted boot.ini, copied it into phone storage, had it modified by Magiskcopied that back into the computer and flashed it, following instructions. Unfortunately i did not read ahead, because next it said that in the case of Dynamic Partitions you have to flash boot.ini twice, once wit code boot_a and then with boot_b. So i did these two as well.

Another question, if i may - i read that in the case of Dynamic Partitions the system is usuallt on A, but TWRP suggests that mine is on B. Couls that be of any significance?
You need to find a guide buddy.

You're all over the place and it's too much for me to comprehend.

Sorry.

--

erratum:

When you flash the patch_boot using TWRP, you need to select 'boot' partition.

Also one of the options is for flashing on both slots -- you should select this option for both slots -- and install/flash the patch_boot

Also it clearly looks like you are on the official Xiaomi ROM and not the custom Xiaomi.eu ROM - for which this is the forum.

--

P;ease accept my apo;ogies for posting in the wrong forum, but thanl you for the help offered.
I am up and running again, and have not lost any data, also rooted with Magisk. Rxplanation tomottow, my almost use;ess eyes are on strike after reading fo 5 hourts

Reactions: kcorrea1
Ib case somebody is interested, booted into temporaey TWRP, found out i was in slot B and tried switching to slot A. Bootloop, back to B and more reading. Tried installing TWRP permanenntly, but that did not work.
By that time i understood that i could flash the stockROM (sorry) either via TWRP (after removing the cable to the PC i connected a USB-stick, and it was recognized, so i could put the recovery ROM on it), or via fastboot. However, i was reluctant to do that because i was reluctant to lose my data. More reading, then decided to install the original boot.img in the active slot B using the temp TWRP boot, the USB stick and the img installer.
It rebooted into the MIUI 14 version exactly at the level before screwing up. Since i had already oedered another phone, i decided to be brave

uninstalled Magisk
installed a Recovery Ramdisk from the temp TWRP to make it permanent
installed latest Magisk, patched boot.img ad flashed it
NOW ROOTED

Thank you for your help and patience.

Ib case somebody is interested, booted into temporaey TWRP, found out i was in slot B and tried switching to slot A. Bootloop, back to B and more reading. Tried installing TWRP permanenntly, but that did not work.
By that time i understood that i could flash the stockROM (sorry) either via TWRP (after removing the cable to the PC i connected a USB-stick, and it was recognized, so i could put the recovery ROM on it), or via fastboot. However, i was reluctant to do that because i was reluctant to lose my data. More reading, then decided to install the original boot.img in the active slot B using the temp TWRP boot, the USB stick and the img installer.
It rebooted into the MIUI 14 version exactly at the level before screwing up. Since i had already oedered another phone, i decided to be brave

uninstalled Magisk
installed a Recovery Ramdisk from the temp TWRP to make it permanent
installed latest Magisk, patched boot.img ad flashed it
NOW ROOTED

Thank you for your help and patience.
You should be able to make TWRP permanent.
You will need to go into the Advanced Settings and I inject TWRP.
Or can also simply flash TWRP.

--

I used the Recovery Ramdisk method fro the Advanced menu, bit found that it disabled Magisk, and after a Magisk reinstall TWRP was gone.
Your suggestion, however, did the job
"You will need to go into the Advanced Settings and I inject TWRP."

edit: evidently it is not the installation that is at faulr, because after one excursion into a TWRP recovery boot the Magisk root was gone again. Reinstalled Magisk - TWRP is gone again.
Guess it is a bug?

I used the Recovery Ramdisk method fro the Advanced menu, bit found that it disabled Magisk, and after a Magisk reinstall TWRP was gone.
Your suggestion, however, did the job
"You will need to go into the Advanced Settings and I inject TWRP."

edit: evidently it is not the installation that is at faulr, because after one excursion into a TWRP recovery boot the Magisk root was gone again. Reinstalled Magisk - TWRP is gone again.
Guess it is a bug?
Can you do fastboot method to flash TWRP ?

--

Thank you, it was most enjoyable.

When we got back my new phone had arrived, so i spent all day trying to unlock the bootloader. Once again i should not ask for help in this forum, because the Redmi 10 5G has an MTK architecture.
Will try a question anyhow, since it has nothing to do with the processor: using the MiUnlocker, i do not get a verification SMS from Xiaomi, and without that i can not continue. Be;ieve i have done all the pre-requisits and do not know what todo next.
The Redmi 10 5G seems to be a bit of a second class child, still no MIUI 14, and only an inofficial TWRP that even the developer does not recommend.

Thank you, it was most enjoyable.

When we got back my new phone had arrived, so i spent all day trying to unlock the bootloader. Once again i should not ask for help in this forum, because the Redmi 10 5G has an MTK architecture.
Will try a question anyhow, since it has nothing to do with the processor: using the MiUnlocker, i do not get a verification SMS from Xiaomi, and without that i can not continue. Be;ieve i have done all the pre-requisits and do not know what todo next.
The Redmi 10 5G seems to be a bit of a second class child, still no MIUI 14, and only an inofficial TWRP that even the developer does not recommend.
Try a VPN ...

or create a new account (link it to USA region) and try !

--