Mi 11 Pro

Jonti1

Members
May 9, 2021
Hi Guys. I'm just about to order the Mi 11. I am an English speaker living in South Africa - any suggestions? Pros and cons? Will I be able to use it with out installing a ROM from here just changing the language to English and installing the play store? Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys. I'm just about to order the Mi 11. I am an English speaker living in South Africa - any suggestions? Pros and cons? Will I be able to use it with out installing a ROM from here just changing the language to English and installing the play store? Thanks in advance.
Hello :) of course you can simply change the language and install the services on the device, but nevertheless I would recommend you to flash it with an Eu ROM because you will still have a lot of chinese apps on the device which are difficult to get rid of.

I attached a picture of the sreen when you swipe left from the home screen. Its chinese although set to English.

I also experienced some things which did not work for me although Google services installed like android auto and stuff like that.
37515b24606946830539309601188637.jpg

Sent from my M2102K1C using Tapatalk

Thank you very much. I appreciate your response. Is this a screenshot with an EU rom and google play?

I have the mi 11 pro for 1 short week in ch version and it works very well I just added the fr with more local 2 and I will flash a global rom or xiaomi.eu when the twrp is out because there is a risk of brick

because there is a risk of brick

The only risk is not to use the provided step by step how to from the EU ROM devs. I read a lot about bricked devices. Many of them used MiFlash - why? And other set slot a manual - why? Its in the script...

fastboot is the only way available to flash a rom as for the moment there is no twrp recovery but the ridque is the brick of the phone and it is complicated to recover it

No problem if you follow exactly the tutorial.
I flash today my mi11 pro and all works perfectly.