Mi 11 screen rotation not working :/

snow1

Members
Sep 10, 2017
Hi, so I bought Mi11 CN version around 2 months ago I flashed stock EU rom via Fast boot and was working fine, but randomly rotation would stop working usually restart would get it working but stop working every 1-2 days and recently totally stopped working I tried the CIT tests and no response with gyro , Today I flashed latest Xiaomi.EU stable rom and still the same issue , is it hardware fault or anything else I can do I searched and with older models people flashed fixes ? wondering if can find the same ?

Thanks

Yeah its annoying issue at first I thought maybe issue came when flashed ROM but today I flashed xiaomi.eu and still have issue I been searching and people who had same issues with other xiaomi phones flashed Persist.img this file is in the ROM package and corrupted ‘Persist’ partition can cause sensor issues and flashing this solved issue

So hoping someone can help with this

The only strange thing that happened to me was flashing the latest global fastboot. That messed up the whole phone. Crashes, Wifi broken, the screen did respond correctly, and hell more..

Now what helped here was to get the fastboot ROM that came with the phone. I believe I flashed first 12.0.13.0 EEA, the directly latest 2.5.1.0 EEA fastboot. After that, all was normal again here and EU etc worked again too.

Reactions: snow1
The only strange thing that happened to me was flashing the latest global fastboot. That messed up the whole phone. Crashes, Wifi broken, the screen did respond correctly, and hell more..

Now what helped here was to get the fastboot ROM that came with the phone. I believe I flashed first 12.0.13.0 EEA, the directly latest 2.5.1.0 EEA fastboot. After that, all was normal again here and EU etc worked again too.

I was thinking flashing stock ROM EU or Global Fastboot and see if still get issue mines the CN version if that doesnt work will try flashing stock CN version via Fastboot and test just need to find another phone to use while I test

I see that the stock roms contain file Persist.img which is meant to contain the sensor files so hoping it will also be flashed back in , I couldnt find this file in xiaomi.eu zip

I would try a CN fastboot ROM, if your phone is a CN version, and use the flash_all.bat ( or .sh if you are flashing from Linux. )
After that re-flash the EU ROM and see if you still have problems.

Try this. Worked for me when my autorotation stopped working because of corrupt persist.

Skickat från min Mi Note 10 via Tapatalk

Try this. Worked for me when my autorotation stopped working because of corrupt persist.

Skickat från min Mi Note 10 via Tapatalk

none of the commands work . where do I exactly copy the persist.img file to internal storage ? I tried putting in root tried doing mount in TWRP and copied the file and also normal transfer with Andriod booted up

Hi, so I flashed latest global stock rom using miflash and still not fixed

I tried the above guide again with persist.img and worked using the 2nd command but still auto rotate doesnt work, So maybe its hardware fault ? shame I doubt I have warranty I bought from China and unlocked bootloader and flashed still possible to warranty ?

Thanks

Hi, so I flashed latest global stock rom using miflash and still not fixed

I tried the above guide again with persist.img and worked using the 2nd command but still auto rotate doesnt work, So maybe its hardware fault ? shame I doubt I have warranty I bought from China and unlocked bootloader and flashed still possible to warranty ?

Thanks

I never used miflash, no idea what it does.

I never used miflash, no idea what it does.

It flashes fastboot roms

dont really have much options now in miflash it does give option to flash_all_lock.bat so will try to find out if can flash back CN ROM and lock it again

It flashes fastboot roms

dont really have much options now in miflash it does give option to flash_all_lock.bat so will try to find out if can flash back CN ROM and lock it again

So trying old stock CN rom gave error in miflash and now phone doesnt power on at all, guess I need to contact who provide hard brick recover service haha so much hassle

got it working again, paid for service which I think uses EDL to recover he flashed CN rom still rotation not working so I really think its hardware fault

before I return can i relock the bootloader ? phone is originally CN and have flashed back CN ROM just boot loader is unlocked