Mi 11 ultra (china version) europe customers problem

kvbvs

Members
Apr 21, 2021
to European owners of xiaomi mi 11 ultra (from china). I found out today on the service center that despite the same screens, we are not able to repair the device in Europe because parts on our continent are for the European distribution of the phone. We only get screen order from china or repair in china. However, the order from China is risky because we are not sure that the screen is for the Chinese or European market.

I could have told you beforehand.
In the event of a defect, you have a one-year guarantee in China. Usually, like me, through the dealer where you bought the device.

Mi 11

I could have told you beforehand.
In the event of a defect, you have a one-year guarantee in China. Usually, like me, through the dealer where you bought the device.

Mi 11
Yes, I can repair it via tr4dingsh3nzen for 350 euro... but I will take about 3-4months... I already lost whole month to hear that from service in my country... for whole month they told me "all good we will repair this"

I also had my problems there. I bought my Mi11 from CECT. Shortly before the warranty expired, the cell phone went off and simply didn't turn on. When asked whether it could be repaired by a partner company here in Germany, I was told that I had to send it back to China. The whole back and forth took a month. But I got a brand new device for that.
In summary, you should know what you are getting yourself into when you buy a cell phone in China and then have a warranty claim. For me it was the first time in a number of devices that I had to make use of the guarantee. In China I only bought 2x, a Mi Mix 3 and now the Mi 11.

Mi 11

I also had my problems there. I bought my Mi11 from CECT. Shortly before the warranty expired, the cell phone went off and simply didn't turn on. When asked whether it could be repaired by a partner company here in Germany, I was told that I had to send it back to China. The whole back and forth took a month. But I got a brand new device for that.
In summary, you should know what you are getting yourself into when you buy a cell phone in China and then have a warranty claim. For me it was the first time in a number of devices that I had to make use of the guarantee. In China I only bought 2x, a Mi Mix 3 and now the Mi 11.

Mi 11
Im 100% okay with fact that I can send phone to china for repair. Im just shocked that I cant repair screen with european parts... so weird