Mi 11 Ultra from China

vmlze

Members
Feb 8, 2023
Hello guys,

I'm looking forward to buy one of these, but the sellers from AliExpress say, that there is no way how to flash custom ROM, or recovery to their CN phones, even if they are selling them with Global ROM. So I'm confused...

If you unlock bootloader and they have to do that to be able to flash the global ROM, you can flash anything you want, right?

So they're wrong aren't they? (Maybe they don't understand my questions).

So I shouldn't be afraid to buy one of these:

There are fakes about using MT chips. These cannot be flashed with miui. So be very careful of what you buy and from whom.

I am. Thanks. Mi 11 Ultra has Snapdragon and I think this one would be ok, what do you think?
I bought this one. Came with global rom. Just to be safe I flashed official Chinese first before installing TWRP and flashing Xiaomi eu.
I had an issue where it asked me in Chinese to input the password I use for Xiaomi, had to use google translate on another phone to figure it out.
It also took a few tries to find TWRP that would work.
NZ$ 968.52 45%OFF | Global ROM Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra SmartPhone 2K AMOLED Screen Snapdragon 888 Octa Core up to 67W Fast Charge NFC 50MP Triple Camera

I bought this one. Came with global rom. Just to be safe I flashed official Chinese first before installing TWRP and flashing Xiaomi eu.
I had an issue where it asked me in Chinese to input the password I use for Xiaomi, had to use google translate on another phone to figure it out.
It also took a few tries to find TWRP that would work.
NZ$ 968.52 45%OFF | Global ROM Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra SmartPhone 2K AMOLED Screen Snapdragon 888 Octa Core up to 67W Fast Charge NFC 50MP Triple Camera
So you think it's necessary to flash original ROM first, than flash TWRP?

Imo, you'll be safe by just flashing a full wipe fastboot rom over here before proceeding to flash any rom you wish. Key thing here is a full wipe.