mi 11 ultra, how to update from miui 14.0.7.0 (TKAEUXM) to hyper os.

sazearte

Members
Aug 27, 2024
Hello, i tried to update my phone mi 11 ultra, how to update from miui 14.0.7.0 (TKAEUXM) to hyper os.
i download the recovery rom hyper os 1.0.4.0.UKAEUXM https://miuirom.org/phones/mi-11-ultra#EEA

i go to the setting, about the phone, and i click to update from the zip file.
It's not work, i have the error "unable to flash this rom"

i have the last version of twrp (twrp-3.7.1_12-v8.6_A14-star-skkk)

I see that i can update with twrp with download the fastboot rom (not the recovery).
my question is, it's a real update with this procedure or it's a reinstall ? I will lose my applications installed on the phone and the data? or not?

thanks for advance for your help.

You are not using the xiaomi.eu custom ROM but the official Global EEA.
- Do you have an unlocked bootloader?
- Do you have a Global or Chinese version of the device?

yes i have a unlocked bootloader.
i have a global device (modele 2102K1G)

Last edited:
If you want to install xiaimi.eu ROM you need to format the data.

No. If you want to install xiaimi.eu ROM you need to format the data.
ah ok thank you.
I'll wait until the update is officially offered then.
But I don't understand why the official rom exists but I don't have the update to propose.

Again, I don't understand why you have an unlocked bootloader when you use the official EEA ROM on the Global device anyway. This complicates the use of your mobile phone. (non-functional NFC payments, etc.)

PS:
If you really have an unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP with EEA ROM (??) you can update to a newer version of EEA in TWRP.

Again, I don't understand why you have an unlocked bootloader when you use the official EEA ROM on the Global device anyway. This complicates the use of your mobile phone. (non-functional NFC payments, etc.)

PS:
If you really have an unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP with EEA ROM (??) you can update to a newer version of EEA in TWRP.
because I've always done that with my smartphones.
i used to have a mi mix 2, i put it on lineageos.
When I bought my Mi 11 ultra, I unlocked it and installed twrp, in case I wanted to put a rom.
and later, when xiaomi abandons support, i could put it on a custom rom.

I don't use nfc or anything, so it's not a problem for me.

So if I install the official recovery zip rom from twrp, I won't lose the installed applications (for example my firefox, with the browsing history)?

Of course I'll make backups just in case.

I know that data is not deleted, like photos or documents but before, when i was updating lineageos on my mi mix 2 with twrp, i'd lose my apps.
that's why I ask the question

If you download the recovery EEA ROM, you can install it in TWRP without losing data.

Attachments

• instalace_ROM.png
    instalace_ROM.png
    426 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: sazearte