Mi 11 Ultra navigation buttons double tapping

jonnynova

Members
May 28, 2021
Hi, ever since the last weekly ROM for the Mi 11 Ultra I've been having occasional problems with my navigation buttons, in particular my back button. I use the conventional buttons at the bottom: Back, Home, Recent Apps and every now and then I will be browsing on Chrome for example and will try to go back one page but the screen will register a double tap and go back 2 pages. Is anyone else having this issue and can recommend a fix? Many thanks

Hi, ever since the last weekly ROM for the Mi 11 Ultra I've been having occasional problems with my navigation buttons, in particular my back button. I use the conventional buttons at the bottom: Back, Home, Recent Apps and every now and then I will be browsing on Chrome for example and will try to go back one page but the screen will register a double tap and go back 2 pages. Is anyone else having this issue and can recommend a fix? Many thanks
Hi, I have the same problem and I can't find a solution

Hi! I've had this problem with my 11 Ultra, but since I've changed my glass screen protector to Hydrogel, it seems completely solved!

this didn't work for me, also get the same problem with no screen protector
Sorry to hear that...
My 11 Ultra is still working good since then.
I forgot to mention that I use SwiftKey, however my phone did that double tap thing with the navigation buttons, not with the keyboard.

And I almost forgot, my phone has 13.0.12 stable rom, so this also can be the reason why it works now.

Hello guys,

I have found the solution that works for me to fix the issue with double tap on back button on Mi 11 Ultra (13.0.12 stable ROM). There is such issue on refresh rate of 120 Hz, but if I set the refresh rate back to 60 Hz, no more double taps :)

Hope that information will help somebody.

Same problem here on Mi11U with 13.0.13stable ROM installed. I am using a thin tpu foil as screen protector. The mentioned rom also has problems with micro freezes in certain apps(Lieferando for example)

Can't wait for the next stable. This double tap and freeze issue is annoying af. xD best regards

I have exactly the same problem with the 120 Hz and the double tap on back button on my Mi 11 (venus) since stable ROM 13.0.6.0

Does this issue occur only on Xiaomi.eu firmware? Or is it the general issues for all the ROMs?

The same problem at Mi11 MiUI 13.0.8 EU version. Changing resolution to WQHD+ causes that the problem happen less often, but it still occur..

OMFG... I was waiting for the latest firmware because I was sure that they fixed this issue.

It was my last xiaomi phone.. I'll never buy this s....

Reactions: .stefanlong.
OMFG... I was waiting for the latest firmware because I was sure that they fixed this issue.

It was my last xiaomi phone.. I'll never buy this s....
I almost broke it against the wall today.
It started registering 5+ taps on single tap of back key and every time i press back it does force close of app :emoji_face_palm:

Paid over 1000€ for phone and they can't make simple thing work properly :emoji_unamused:

Its a piece of s****. I sent it to official xiaomi service. It send it back with information that everything is ok, and they only updated the software. It didn't help. This problem still ocure.
I have a plan to buy a new phone to my daughter, but now it for sure won't be a shi.... xiaomi.

Its a piece of s****. I sent it to official xiaomi service. It send it back with information that everything is ok, and they only updated the software. It didn't help. This problem still ocure.
I have a plan to buy a new phone to my daughter, but now it for sure won't be a shi.... xiaomi.
have you installed a tempered glass or something that might cause that false input?
I used to have that same issue on previous roms, but its gone for me since a few releases

Ive tried with and without tempered glass. The same situation happen..... Beside that Im using a tempered glass with UV glue.

The problem starts to begin on ROM 13.0.8. on prevoius firmware Ive never had this issue. It happen on some apps more often than on others. It seems that its a issue with some interface scalling on miui..
Takie a look at some recordings https://photos.app.goo.gl/onBbVNJJtNqLw33p8
The recordings is just after factory reset od the phone...
Its nie a useless piece od crap. Never again...

not a real solution here, but maybe some workaround to make it usable again:
use gestures instead ob button navigation and move your keyboard a little bit up. (in my case it only happened at the lowermost right bottom, i know how annoying that is)

Same problem here on Mi11U with 13.0.13stable ROM installed. I am using a thin tpu foil as screen protector. The mentioned rom also has problems with micro freezes in certain apps(Lieferando for example)

Can't wait for the next stable. This double tap and freeze issue is annoying af. xD best regards
i use that same ROM, neither doubletaps nor freezes here