Mi 11 Ultra Refresh-Rate changes back to 60 Hz

DerFranke

Members
Mar 13, 2021
The Screen-Refresh-Rate on my Mi 11 Ultra changes itself back to 60 Hz since the latest MIUI-Update (12.5.10, Xiaomi.eu-Rom).
This sometimes happens when I unlock the phone or go back to the home screen from an app.

When I change it back to 120 Hz in the settings and exit the settings-app with a swipe up gesture, it turns itself back to 60 Hz everytime.
To keep it at 120 Hz (for a while), I have to change it in the settings an exit them through the recent apps window.
But after some hours it changes back again.

Does someone have the same issue?

This doesn't happen to me, but I understand this has a screen with (LPTO) variable refresh rate capabilities, so perhaps that may have something to do with it. You can also download an app from the Playstore called "SetEdit" which will allow you to manually configure your refresh rate. To save a little on battery life, I have chosen 90 Htz. To do so, set your phone to 120 in MIUI and then open the program. Scroll down to <USER_REFRESH_RATE>. Tap on it to open the edit screen and change the value from 120 to 90.

I don't think, that this has something to do with the variable refresh rate, because when I look in the settings, I can see that there is 60 Hz selected, not 120 Hz.

But I found out something else:
When I close all recent apps, it changes back to 120 Hz.

Reactions: FerdiFuchs
I don't think, that this has something to do with the variable refresh rate, because when I look in the settings, I can see that there is 60 Hz selected, not 120 Hz.

But I found out something else:
When I close all recent apps, it changes back to 120 Hz.
Thats my Problem too..i have Changed the battery optimization but didnt Help...need also a Tipp for the 90Hz Problem

Now It works for me AS Well...but i have an another Problem...my DND Turns automaticly on, wenn iam driving with Car or Something Else...but i didnt find a setting for these

For me, everything was fine, until the latest update (12.5.10).
So I will hope, that the issue will be fixed in the next one.