New [HOS][stable][garnet] App-specific refresh rate issue

Montblanc0

Members
Mar 11, 2012
Describing in this section the same weird behaviour i have already discussed here, hoping to reach someone who might know what is going on.

Device is garnet with a fresh clean install of HOS stable.

I have lost the ability to switch between 120 Hz and 60 Hz for a specific application in Display and Brightness -> Screen refresh Rate -> High (120Hz) -> App-specific refresh rate settings.

I've been toggling the refresh rate on and off for Mario Kart Tour while also messing a bit with Game Turbo settings before I finally realized that it should stick to 60 Hz. When I went back to the menu to switch it back to 60 Hz (toggling it OFF from the 120Hz-allowed apps), the game was now at the bottom where the "Based on app settings" applications are, so I could not switch its settings back.

While I have found a workaround, it is not reliable and sometimes I have to set it back.

I tried uninstalling the game and clearing Game Turbo cache and data but to no avail.

I can't trace back exactly the steps that I've been doing to get to this, but I can't recall anything that could have made it impossible to be selected. The game does not have any internal refresh rate settings, so that "Based on app settings" information is simply untrue.

Can anybody guess what's going on? I really would like to be able to make it toggable again.

Thanks.