Mi 11 Ultra TWRP update?

Gershy13

Members
May 2, 2021
Is there a new twrp update for mi 11 ultra? i havent updated my phone since july (twrp or rom), as last time i tried to update i got the decrypt error with twrp. I am trying again now with the latest version of the rom, is there anything i should do different? I want to keep all my data without wiping.
Is there a new version of twrp to install or a different method to use to avoid the decrypt issue.
And what is the best way of backing up when updating (just incase something goes wrong)

Thanks
Gersh

Hello,

No new TWRP for Mi 11 Ultra (star) but you simply need to know this trick to access the internal storage of your phone (when in TWRP):

1) Boot TWRP then go in "Install" menu and browse to " /data/media/0 " location.

2) You should* see the internal storage of your phone: Select the new ROM (update) to install then reboot your device.

Voilà! ;)

*If you don't see your internal storage (or encrypted files), try to remove your screen lock (PIN/password/pattern) then check " /data/media/0 " location in TWRP again. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimnasium
I read for 2 weeks, there is an new twrp Version.

Its now possible too Update directly from MIUI or must Always Boot Info twrp?

Hello,

No new TWRP for Mi 11 Ultra (star) but you simply need to know this trick to access the internal storage of your phone (when in TWRP):

1) First, remove your Screen Lock (PIN/password/pattern) in MIUI.

2) Boot TWRP then go in "Install" menu and browse to " /data/media/0 " location.

3) You should see the internal storage of your phone: Select the new ROM (update) to install then reboot your device.

Voilà! ;)
Ah yes thanks! It worked by browsing to /data/media/0

I didn't have to remove screen lock.

Reactions: Poney70