Mi 5 Wireless Conection Problem

Jorgefmm83

Members
Apr 20, 2016
Hello,
I'm from Portugal and I bought mi 5 32GB.
I cannot connect to the wireless.
It says "obtaining ip..." and then nothing happens, the choosen wifi just returns to the available network list. I tried with different routers and wifi

I tried clearing cache, and reset to factory. Both times it did not work.

when i try "connect wps" or "wps pin entry" it says:
"wps succeeded. conecting to network"
and then nothing happens

Also, i tried conecting to a wifi without password, and it the conection was made
It is the only way it can connect to a wireless network

Can anybody help me?
Thank you

Got this on my mi3 on some roms, not on mi mi5 yet. Can you try with a static ip ?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

I have a similar issue, it works on my own WiFi network (Fritzbox) but does not obtain IP adress at our golf club.
Have not tested yet on other networks.

same here.. I am starting to suspect some problem with the radio circuit since it also seem to drop the cellphone coverage intermittently..
appreciate if anyone on EU rom can tell wether they have the same issue..

i had same issue with my previous Mi5 32gb. It works fine for 2.4ghz band, but could not connect to 5 ghz band. I sold it after 1 week...

same here.. I am starting to suspect some problem with the radio circuit since it also seem to drop the cellphone coverage intermittently..
appreciate if anyone on EU rom can tell wether they have the same issue..
Can now confirm that the eu rom fix the wifi connection problem I had. Unfortunately the lack of some 4g LTE bands makes it unsuitable for Sweden (if LTE preferred it drops the carrier intermittently in idle mode, need to hardlock to 3g to avoid battery drain)
Other than that a fantastic phone on eu rom.. Completely awful on stock..