Mi 5c - Update A Weekly To Stable Rom?

Imo_84

Members
Mar 14, 2018
Hello guys!

I have some questions in where I would like to ask for your kind help...

Currently I use MIUI 8.3 by xiaomi.eu (7.4.13 Beta).
Finally I made the decision to update MIUI 9.

Accordingly I rooted my phone with MAGISK and installed Titanium Backup.
I've implemented a full backup in TWRP as well as in Titanium Backup (Backup all user apps + system data).
I use a lot of applications, therefore I would like to restore all of them with the related data.

My questions are:

- Can I update my current ROM directly to the latest Stable ROM (MI5c_V9.2.1.0.NCJCNEK_v9-7.1.zip) without any wipe?
- I think if this is not possible, I have to choose a weekly ROM (MI5c_8.3.1_v9-7.1.zip) and there is no another option.

Where is better to update a ROM? (Install the ROM via TWRP or in the System updates / Choose update package) --> In the second option, the system automatically performs the necessary wipes, but the internal data will not affect... Is it true?

Anyway which mentioned ROM is preferred?

Many thanks in advance for your answers!

Hello guys!

I've implemented a full backup in TWRP as well as in Titanium Backup (Backup all user apps + system data).
I use a lot of applications, therefore I would like to restore all of them with the related data.

My questions are:

- Can I update my current ROM directly to the latest Stable ROM (MI5c_V9.2.1.0.NCJCNEK_v9-7.1.zip) without any wipe?
- I think if this is not possible, I have to choose a weekly ROM (MI5c_8.3.1_v9-7.1.zip) and there is no another option.

Where is better to update a ROM? (Install the ROM via TWRP or in the System updates / Choose update package) --> In the second option, the system automatically performs the necessary wipes, but the internal data will not affect... Is it true?

I used 8.5.4.0 Stable-eu and than updated to weekly ROM without any wipe. Do you mean update to official China ROM or to EU Stable?

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I would like to update my current MIUI 8.3 (7.4.13 weekly) to EU Stable (MI5c_V9.2.1.0.NCJCNEK_v9-7.1.zip)...

Can I do it without any wipe? What do you think?

Anyway why did you change your stable ROM to weekly?

Hi!

Thanks for your reply!

I would like to update my current MIUI 8.3 (7.4.13 weekly) to EU Stable (MI5c_V9.2.1.0.NCJCNEK_v9-7.1.zip)...

Can I do it without any wipe? What do you think?

Anyway why did you change your stable ROM to weekly?
I updated without wiping anything from TWRP and reason was that Weekly ROM has more features like app vault and some more, it gets updates every week and it's good thing anyway. Recommended to try ;)

I updated without wiping anything from TWRP and reason was that Weekly ROM has more features like app vault and some more, it gets updates every week and it's good thing anyway. Recommended to try ;)

Can you please help me to understand what does it mean: without wiping anything?

Does it mean that you got a "virgin" OS only with system apps and with your user data (contacts, pictures, etc...)

Other question: You mentioned that the weekly ROM gets updates on every week... You mean via OTA or you install a new weekly ROM in TWRP week by week?

Many thanks in advance!

Can you please help me to understand what does it mean: without wiping anything?

Does it mean that you got a "virgin" OS only with system apps and with your user data (contacts, pictures, etc...)

Other question: You mentioned that the weekly ROM gets updates on every week... You mean via OTA or you install a new weekly ROM in TWRP week by week?

Many thanks in advance!
At first i've installed Xiaomi.eu Stable ROM and than just installed Weekly ROM from twrp, just need to click "install" and flash new ROM and it will not wipe and delete anything, after System reboot will be installed Weekly ROM and every application, call log, messages and other things will be as it was on previous Stable ROM.
- ! As i know, Official China ROM can't be changed with Xiaomi.eu ROM without Wiping phone, you must be using Xiaomi.eu Stable ROM to with 1 click install Weekly ROM ! -
Weekly ROM gets updates sometimes from OTA, it's connectet to XiaomiEu server and after download new ROM it astks to reboot in TWRP and install by yourself, it takes maximum 10 minutes on every update.

At first i've installed Xiaomi.eu Stable ROM and than just installed Weekly ROM from twrp, just need to click "install" and flash new ROM and it will not wipe and delete anything, after System reboot will be installed Weekly ROM and every application, call log, messages and other things will be as it was on previous Stable ROM.
- ! As i know, Official China ROM can't be changed with Xiaomi.eu ROM without Wiping phone, you must be using Xiaomi.eu Stable ROM to with 1 click install Weekly ROM ! -
Weekly ROM gets updates sometimes from OTA, it's connectet to XiaomiEu server and after download new ROM it astks to reboot in TWRP and install by yourself, it takes maximum 10 minutes on every update.

Hello guys!

My questions are:

Please do clean install a rom..
Think what You want install and do it.
If You want install China developer.
Do backup Yours data first to Pc.
Flash phone via Xiaomiflash 2017 with last china developer fastboot rom with clean all.
Next update via OTA, or from file with rom (zip) without any wipes
If You want China stable do flash via Xiaomiflash 2017 with last stable china fastboot rom with clean all.
Next updates via Ota or from .zip file recovery rom, without any wipes..

If You want Xiaomi.eu developer.
1. Flash phone via Xiaomiflash 2017 with last china fastboot developer rom with clean all.
2. Install twrp from command
3. Copy rom Xiaomi.eu to phone
4. Install rom from twrp.
5. Do wipe: cache, dalvik, data
6. Restat to system.
Next updates, via Twrp from full rom in zip file recovery rom without any wipes or wipe only cache and dalvik. You can do wipe data if You need or want.

If You want Xiaomi.eu Stable
1. Flash phone via Xiaomiflash 2017 with china stable fastboot rom with clean all.
2. Install twrp from commmand
3. Install xiaomi.eu stable from twrp
4. Do wipe: cache, dalvik, data
5. Restart to system
Next updates in twrp from .zip file recovery rom without any wipes. You can do additional wipe cache and dalvik. You can do wipe data if You want or need.

Wipes data delete Yours data and files, apps etc.
Wipe cache and dalvik dont delete Yours data.

Done

From Stable China to Developer China You can install on twrp without any wipes or just do flash phone via Xiaomiflash.
From Developer to stable China You must do wipe: data, dalvik and cache on twrp or do Flash phone via Xiaomiflash.

From Xiaomi.eu stable to Xiaomi.eu dev You can install rom on twrp without any wipes.
From Xiaomi.eu developer to Xiaomi.eu stable You must do wipe data, cache and dalvik on twrp...
Or just do clean install china rom stable via Xiaomiflash and install twrp and install Xiaomi.eu stable...

From Xiaomi.eu to China roms (developer and stable) i recommended just do flash phone via Xiaomiflash with last china (dev or stable) fastboot rom.

Clear? Not recomemmended and no need wipe system on twrp...

On China roms You can use stock recovery - Mi recovery 3.0, its faster and dont brake incremental OTA, but You can use Twrp too, but its slower and brake incremental ota, You must install always full rom.
On Xiaomi.eu You must use Twrp, on Mi recovery You cant install custom roms.
On Xiaomi.eu You allways install full rom, than its not matter how You download rom, manually click links and download rom, run twrp and install from twrp or download in ota full rom, restart to twrp and install rom from twrp.

If You update roms Xiaomi.eu in all friday, You dont need do any wipes, but You can if You want or need.
If You wipe data example install new rom and configuration take more time than install any wipes. Its normall.

It allways take 5-10 minutes.
What Yours problem? Where is bug? Its ok all.

If You dont do wipe when You install from dev to stable than its 99% You will have FC! Example android process stop and phone will be not usable or wil have many bugs or issues...
I dont recommended this steps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: lucasdelion
Many-many thanks both of you for your detailed and comprehensive answer!

The picture is clear now... As I don't want to wipe my data, I have only one option with my current, Xiaomi.eu dev ROM: Update it with newer weekly developer... I got my answer in your last sentence Zeork: "install from dev to stable than its 99% You will have FC". That's what I would like to clarify...

Last question: Does it matter and can mean any problem that I would like to update from MIUI 8.3 Developer to MIUI 9 Developer?
(Exactly from MIUI 8.3 7.4.13 Beta to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5c_8.3.15_v9-7.1.zip?)

Many-many thanks both of you for your detailed and comprehensive answer!

The picture is clear now... As I don't want to wipe my data, I have only one option with my current, Xiaomi.eu dev ROM: Update it with newer weekly developer... I got my answer in your last sentence Zeork: "install from dev to stable than its 99% You will have FC". That's what I would like to clarify...

Last question: Does it matter and can mean any problem that I would like to update from MIUI 8.3 Developer to MIUI 9 Developer?
(Exactly from MIUI 8.3 7.4.13 Beta to xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5c_8.3.15_v9-7.1.zip?)
No any problems, of course newer ROM is better with features and speed. You'll notice at first boot up speed how faster will be MIUI9! :)