Mi 8 AOD Edge notifications

BokiP22

Members
Dec 8, 2018
How Can i Enable Edge Notifications on Mi 8? 9.1.24?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Reactions: mohammad1051365
There's no such feature on mi8.
If you want edge notifications there's an app on google play that do the trick
Look for "always on edge - edge lightning"

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk

There is - see latest weekly thread. It's part of the new AOD stytles, It's just not working for everyone or we don't know how to activate it.

For some people it was active after updating to 9.1.24

Reactions: BokiP22
How to activate this function?!! My friend has it but I do not.
My friend also has a mi8 with the rom eu, just like me

How to activate this function?!! My friend has it but I do not.
My friend also has a mi8 with the rom eu, just like me
Are you sure he's not running some app like the one i mentioned before to reproduce the edge efect?

There is - see latest weekly thread. It's part of the new AOD stytles, It's just not working for everyone or we don't know how to activate it.

For some people it was active after updating to 9.1.24
Not sure what you're talking about, and we don't have an AOD-enabled device.

Just watch the end of the video in op.
at least 2 different mi 8 users reported this functionality in 9.1.24 release thread after flashing the updated 9.1.24 release

Are you sure he's not running some app like the one i mentioned before to reproduce the edge efect?

those apps work by replacing the lockscreen, don't they?
He wouldn't be seeing the miui aod clock while it's happening

*edit *
Ok I guess it's possible but it's definitely not always on edge app.
That doesn't have this particular clock style and blooming edge notifications like in the video.

Last edited:
How Can i Enable Edge Notifications on Mi 8? 9.1.24?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Turn on "Display activation after receiving notifications". Purple edge for Music, Green for Notify etc.
Really nice features on Mi8

Turn on "Display activation after receiving notifications". Purple edge for Music, Green for Notify etc.
Really nice features on Mi8
Nope, that setting works as before.

When enabled device will wake up and show lockscreen when notifications come in.

No aod edge notification.

*edit*
I tested this with both stock miui launcher and nova launcher set as default

Last edited:
Nope, that setting works as before.

When enabled device will wake up and show lockscreen when notifications come in.

No aod edge notification.

*edit*
I tested this with both stock miui launcher and nova launcher set as default
Doesn't work.
For me works as well with these settings, when I disabled this works. Yep, someone has the old setting and I don't know.
Even my friend, who has the same Mi 8 and build, cannot use the last edge features.

Could you maybe post screenshots of your notification settings, screen settings and launcher settings ?
(in english)

Could you maybe post screenshots of your notification settings, screen settings and launcher settings ?
(in english)
Here it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-04-14-57-35-797_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-04-14-57-35-797_com.android.settings.png
    96 KB · Views: 864
  • Screenshot_2019-02-04-14-57-43-308_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-04-14-57-43-308_com.android.settings.png
    153.4 KB · Views: 791
Thanks but please change your device language to english before making these screenshots.. :/

Also at the bottom of lock screen & password settings there's "additional settings" - please also include that.

And the "notifications & status bar" settings page

Thanks but please change your device language to english before making these screenshots.. :/

Also at the bottom of lock screen & password settings there's "additional settings" - please also include that.

And the "notifications & status bar" settings page
Italian is actual intelligible and some words are traslittered into English (latinism, someone could remember?) So, please, use your mind before reply. The settings location are the same as English menu. I cannot change everytime the OS Language to take screenshot.

Additional settings is only for Double Tap to wake (D2W) and the clock settings, that's it.
Notify menu is useless, because we're talking about a lockscreen edge features, but If you want..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-04-17-20-19-779_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-04-17-20-19-779_com.android.settings.png
    140.1 KB · Views: 591
Italian is actual intelligible and some words are traslittered into English (latinism, someone could remember?) So, please, use your mind before reply. The settings location are the same as English menu. I cannot change everytime the OS Language to take screenshot.

Additional settings is only for Double Tap to wake (D2W) and the clock settings, that's it.
Notify menu is useless, because we're talking about a lockscreen edge features, but If you want..
Hey ma sei italiano XD

does not work me

I think it is fake.. there is nothin about it in the official miui forum.
I think he uses an app for it

Last edited:
i installed 9.1.24 again, and didnt touch AOD, and now when notification comes, edges lights up. so it is really working on dipper.

Shoutout to Vihru in the 9.1.24 release thread who actually had some useful feedback on this!

As it turns out we need a clean flash of 9.1.24 to activate these edge notifications.
After wiping data in twrp and flashing 9.1.24 they're activated. Then when you activate AOD and a specific style they stay active. :)
Thanks vihru!!!