Mi 8 AOD Edge notifications

f**k.
Think I also know what breaks it.

settings \ lockscreen \ light up screen when new notification comes is enabled by default

The moment you touch that and disable it edge notifications are gone...and when you enable the setting again it'll work like in previous MIUI releases.
So no edge notifications, it'll go to lockscreen and show notification there.

Shoutout to Vihru in the 9.1.24 release thread who actually had some useful feedback on this!

As it turns out we need a clean flash of 9.1.24 to activate these edge notifications.
After wiping data in twrp and flashing 9.1.24 they're activated. Then when you activate AOD and a specific style they stay active. :)
Thanks vihru!!!

How to do a clean flash, when a update comes i only put on phone and swipe to install.

Shoutout to Vihru in the 9.1.24 release thread who actually had some useful feedback on this!

As it turns out we need a clean flash of 9.1.24 to activate these edge notifications.
After wiping data in twrp and flashing 9.1.24 they're activated. Then when you activate AOD and a specific style they stay active. :)
Thanks vihru!!!
I'm going to try this.

Lol it works.
You need a clean flash of 9.1.24 and you don't need to disable "Turn on screen when new notifications comes"

Yup, touching that setting once will break it and there's no
way to enable it again lol.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Thanks vihru!!!
Ah, tell me again that I'm fake, so. Noobs and haters are useless for a community.
Try before ask in a forum and blame someone.

I'd recommend that you smugpost in italian about it while generally being no help at all.
That would surely teach me.

I'd recommend that you smugpost in italian about it while generally being no help at all.
That would surely teach me.
Please, stop being OT. I've always spoken in English, but you know.. there's a quote "sour grapes, as the fox said when he could not reach them".
Think about that :)

Because what I've said it's true, as you can see.

.) You didn't mention that you had just clean flashed 9.1.24 which was a rather crucial fact

.) You also told people to "Turn on "Display activation after receiving notifications" which is not only wrong but will literally break the AOD edge nofitications

.) When asked for useful screenshots so people could try to troubleshoot how to enable this feature you whined about it being a hassle when changing device language to english and back would'v literally taken you 5 seconds

So yeah, you posting about haters being useless for the community just broke my irony meter.

Last edited:
Reactions: deepblue2000
.) You didn't mention that you had just clean flashed 9.1.24 which was a rather crucial fact

.) You also told people to "Turn on "Display activation after receiving notifications" which is not only wrong but will literally break the AOD edge nofitications

.) When asked for useful screenshots so people could try to troubleshoot how to enable this feature you whined about it being a hassle when changing device language to english and back would'v literally taken you 5 seconds

So yeah, you posting about haters being useless for the community just broke my irony meter.
Well, I didn't wipe cache install, so no fresh installation of 9.1.24.
Screenshot is really easy to understand and yes, Enable notification lockscreen yes.
So..

I tried it, wiped/formated data and clean flashed 9.1.24
but still does not work, maybe cause I restored settings from cloud
and apps from local backup...

then I have to wait for xiaomi to fix the it

[QUOTE = "Psicopato, post: 470863, member: 176987"] Êtes-vous sûr qu'il ne lance pas une application similaire à celle que j'ai mentionnée auparavant pour reproduire l'effet de bord? Rufus
Malwarebytes
Envoyé de mon MI 8 en utilisant Tapatalk [/ QUOTE] FileZilla
Il n'y a pas une telle fonctionnalité sur mi8.
Si vous voulez des notifications de bord, il y a une application sur Google Play qui fait l'affaire
Rechercher "toujours sur le bord - éclair de bord"

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it, wiped/formated data and clean flashed 9.1.24
but still does not work, maybe cause I restored settings from cloud
and apps from local backup...

then I have to wait for xiaomi to fix the it
App data would've probably been OK but miui settings restored from the cloud... Yeah :/

The new weekly rom solved this issue. Dirty flash without any wipes now it is working. Just check Lock screen & password -> "When notification come and screen is off -> show animations"
Also check your apps have "Allow breathing light tips" enabled in notification menu.

Reactions: Stoffl