Mi 8 cannot boot into recovery

snake0101

Members
Jun 18, 2016
I finally unlocked the bootloader a couple days ago and installed the latest 8.8.9 rom. The first time I did it, I made the mistake of "Wipe Data" instead of "Format", so had to put a stock rom on using the Mi Flash tool. After that, I was able to install the xiaomi.eu rom.

However, I'm finding that I can no longer boot into the recovery mode. I can get into fastboot mode, and I've flashed the twrp several times, but every time I try to boot into twrp, it just resets itself and boots normally. This is the same whether I try to boot into recovery from the update screen, or by using adb or fastboot commands.

Does anybody have any idea on what's going on here?

I haven't installed magisk yet, although I'm not sure if root access is required to diagnose the problem...

Thanks for your help!

Answering my own question here, it turned out that the version of TWRP on this forum (TWRP_dipper.img) may be a bit old to be installed on top of 8.8.9. I downloaded TWRP 3.2.2-0711 from the xda forum and that worked without a hitch.

Jó reggelt!
I would like to ask for help.The phone came from a rom in Chinese English.I started installing bootloder and installed global rome.TWRP installation failed, install but as soon as I start I choose English stopping and recovery 3.0 will not start installing twrp.Volt more test with other twrp.Could help to do it.
New TWRP solved the problem 3.2.3

Last edited:
I had a similar issue yesterday and kept switching between TWRP 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 with mixed similar results (TWRP launching and then rebooting)
What I did to resolve this is strange..:confused: (found on another google result somewhere..), but take the USB cable out of the phone, then TWRP launched fine in recovery mode., after which I could put the cable back in.. very strange....

TWRP's 3.2.1 freezes upon boot in my device, and then it'll reboot and ofcourse TWRP will be wiped.

TWRP 3.2.2 never boots in.

TWRP 3.2.3 works perfect.

I've been working fine since then 3.2.3 twrp. There were more backups and twrp was a weekly frisé.

Hi, i have the same problem...cannot boot into recovery after flashing it. Tried different TWRP. Can anyone help me?