mi 8 Global or EU

ggkameleon

Members
Mar 23, 2016
Hi ! Sorry I'm noob on Xiaomi ! Before use Oneplus phone and always use Custom Rom based on OxygenOs with detoxed and new features + Root magisk.
But now I have buy a mi 8 Global Version because leave in France and can have this mi 8 as same price China version (299€) great phone for the price.
I use it on Global Rom with face unlock on France but not Theme and many features.

My question ? The Xiaomi EU Rom is also stable than Global Rom ?

The base of miui China or Global are same Firmware or different Firmware ? For Global Xiaomi just implements languages ?
Thanks.
But yes I just have to try the Rom and if I'm not satisfied return to my Global Rom ?
By the way how to come back completely Stock on my mi 8 Global ?
I just have to flash the Global Rom by doing a factory reset before and I would go back on the Rom Global with original recovery ?
Please help me for a noob Xiaomi new fan ;-)

i had Global Rom on china version... last weekend i moved to Eu (from this site) - IMO this one is much much better- more options, like sounds for each application etc... Google Pay works themes do not back to the default after hour or like.
only one thing that doesn't work is voice match of OK Google . but i can live without that.

read info at this site regarding switching ROMs - they already posted such information..

Hi ! Yes thanks for your response. I started to believe that there was nobody on the forum ..
Yes I have flash it and what you said they had features of Android they hadn't on global I don't understand this. For notifications had priority same as Android since Oreo and can choose sound for App can have twitter pio sound great. But just one I want it's the option : ignore do not disturb when you are on not disturb for can receive want notifications and message (and for messages same options than phone "contact... favorites, recents)

But for you you have the same autonomy ? I have the same settings, restore with mi cloud but not the same autonomy .
Perhaps some adjustments to make ? Thanks

my version was weired i couldnt set sms sound for app other than 'stock' now it works flawlessly - this is my first android phone so i just saying what was diff. on global vs. eu version. i recommend it - yes everything is same and better! themes work etc..