Mi 8 Global version does not receive any OTA

Danicodma

Members
Sep 1, 2018
Hi guys,

I recieved my MI8 64GB BLUE Global version sealled but i still with 9.5.13.0 OEAMIFA and when i check for the new updates the phone told me that there isnt any update...

Anyone knows if with the Blue version are any problems with the updates?

Thank you very much!

Download the newest Global stable and put it in your main internal storage then use updater 3 dot method and mi recovery to flash.
Find download in Miui website.

Download the newest Global stable and put it in your main internal storage then use updater 3 dot method and mi recovery to flash.
Find download in Miui website.

Hello! Thx for the reply but why i should do this? I have the Global version and all the updates must come with the OTA, why i should do this manually?

Why do you think all updates must come from OTA? Just because it usually does, doesn't meant that its the only way. OTA is a gradual rollout. Some receives it earlier and some later. Some also never receives it due to some unknown error.

So if you are impatient, why not just download the update from reputable site and flash it yourself?

I think you put yourself in a deadlock if you thinik OTA is the only way. You only has to wait if that is your reasoning.

Reactions: JimmyKowalski