Mi 8 - Go back to stock global ROM - will it relock the bootloader?

cyaneo

Members
Oct 29, 2018
Hi, I have to go back to Stock Global ROM for testig and then go back again to EU ROM.

For switch back to Stock, I have to do it with xiaomiflash, right? Does this relock the bootloader?

...yes it does relock the bootloader - now it bootloops to Mi-Recovery 3.0 because of "This Miui version cant' be installed on this device".

Assuming you can enter Fastboot, start from scratch.
...yes it does relock the bootloader - now it bootloops to Mi-Recovery 3.0 because of "This Miui version cant' be installed on this device".

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

yes I can enter fastboot, but I cant unlock the bootloader with miflash_unlock:
After sign in to my Mi Account (with my E-Mail address) the unlock process begins, passes the "verify device" process and stops on "unlock" process with error:
Can't unlock. Your account isn't associated with a phone number.
I previously unlocked the bootloader of my Mi 8 with this account but now it doesn't work.

Last edited:
WOW - why the support of xiaomi.com is so horrible?
I already spending hours to write E-Mails, make screenshots etc. - but allways get the same standard bla bla E-Mails from everytime a different "supporter"

for example:
I told them (support.us, -.hk, or -.tw) more than 10 Times in every E-Mail that I have no access to my phone (just Mi-Recovery and Fastboot) - imagine what they tell me to do: On your device got to Settings > Developer > etc. grrr.

Last edited:
You need to assign a number, this can be done via internet, no phone needed, try again afterwards.
yes I can enter fastboot, but I cant unlock the bootloader with miflash_unlock:
After sign in to my Mi Account (with my E-Mail address) the unlock process begins, passes the "verify device" process and stops on "unlock" process with error:
Can't unlock. Your account isn't associated with a phone number.
I previously unlocked the bootloader of my Mi 8 with this account but now it doesn't work.

You need to assign a number, this can be done via internet, no phone needed, try again afterwards
Do you have a link, please? I cant find this in my accounts.

if I want to assign a number or E-Mail to my accounts, I have to receive a verify code via E-Mail - but I never get one. since days. try different Mail addesses, browsers, different PCs, delete cookies - all of the standard but nothing works!

I never created two MI accounts - but now having one with e-Mail address and no phone number and one with my phone number and no E-Mail address.
Cant assign my phone to each oft the accounts.
I'll do all of this again (unlock, assigh a phone to mi account etc.) and will create a screenshot of every step.

Go to https://account.xiaomi.com/
Login, add recovery phone number.

Regards.
Do you have a link, please? I cant find this in my accounts.

if I want to assign a number or E-Mail to my accounts, I have to receive a verify code via E-Mail - but I never get one. since days. try different Mail addesses, browsers, different PCs, delete cookies - all of the standard but nothing works!

I never created two MI accounts - but now having one with e-Mail address and no phone number and one with my phone number and no E-Mail address.
Cant assign my phone to each oft the accounts.
I'll do all of this again (unlock, assigh a phone to mi account etc.) and will create a screenshot of every step.

Go to https://account.xiaomi.com/
Login, add recovery phone number.
Thanks - I've been there all the time and tried to bind my phone number 20 times or more, now I did it once again and now I've got a code and the phone number is bound to the account.

But unlocking is still not possible, the error is
current account is not bount to this device.
Add your account and device in MIUI's Settings > Developer options > Mi unlock status.

check mate.

Last edited:
Or s-unlock :)
Thanks - I've been there all the time and tried to bind my phone number 20 times or more, now I did it once again and now I've got a code and the phone number is bound to the account.

But unlocking is still not possible, the error is
current account is not bount to this device.
Add your account and device in MIUI's Settings > Developer options > Mi unlock status.

check mate.