Resolved Mi 8 Lite 9.7.25 Calculator (Addition Operation) Not Working

ijeicee01

Members
Apr 9, 2019
Hi

I have a problem in my calculator app, whenever I try to add numbers for example

1+1

the calculator freezes when I try put on the second number, any other operation (subtraction, multiplication, and division) is working properly only addition has this problem.

Calculator Not Working (Video)

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    3.8 MB · Views: 633
This is already known (read the Known issues sticky post). The log doesn't tell anything useful, unsurprisingly, since it's not a crash but rather seems to be an infinite loop. Xiaomi did something wrong.

I have this since last 3 releases on my whyred, from what i heard not everyone have this issue and its not about phone model. Already reported this to xiaomi via feedback app.

I have this since last 3 releases on my whyred, from what i heard not everyone have this issue and its not about phone model. Already reported this to xiaomi via feedback app.
Yes, this issue started since Calendar version 10.1.14 and seem to only happen when using a custom font.
I checked version 10.1.13 that I grabbed from 9.6.27 and this issue isn't there. But then, the digits on the "screen" of the calculator had a constant size. Now they are dynamically changing size the more digits you type. (might be related to the issue)
You can try using the default font for now until/if this is solved.

Reactions: densa
Yes, this issue started since Calendar version 10.1.14 and seem to only happen when using a custom font.
I checked version 10.1.13 that I grabbed from 9.6.27 and this issue isn't there. But then, the digits on the "screen" of the calculator had a constant size. Now they are dynamically changing size the more digits you type. (might be related to the issue)
You can try using the default font for now until/if this is solved.
You are right, i disabled module for google font and calculator works fine. Yeah, it can be connected with dynamic size of digits, because after few operations u can press +/- '1' or '3' (only these are issue in my case) without app 'freeze'.

You are right, i disabled module for google font and calculator works fine. Yeah, it can be connected with dynamic size of digits, because after few operations u can press +/- '1' or '3' (only these are issue in my case) without app 'freeze'.
For me it happens whenever I try to calculate anything that results in 0, 2 or 6, it would freeze as soon as I tap the last digit.
Thing is, it doesn't happen with the default font (Roboto) or the Mi Lanting font (which is China ROM's default font) or even an unrelated font called New Circle, and with a font called Neue Kabel it would freeze when trying to subtract (by anything)... very random.
All this means that Xiaomi probably won't fix it because they won't even encounter the bug.

I disable the Mi calculator and have used this app by Mathlab for years, never had any problems.

(I disable internet for it in Netguard, works fine and never see any ads.)

Last edited:
Yeah, every font seems to behave different. Then we have to report it to Xiaomi, its their fault and they cant ignore it just because it works fine with default font.

For me it happens whenever I try to calculate anything that results in 0, 2 or 6, it would freeze as soon as I tap the last digit.
Thing is, it doesn't happen with the default font (Roboto) or the Mi Lanting font (which is China ROM's default font) or even an unrelated font called New Circle, and with a font called Neue Kabel it would freeze when trying to subtract (by anything)... very random.
All this means that Xiaomi probably won't fix it because they won't even encounter the bug.
Hi ! Yes I have the mistake with Pixel3 font but with San Fransico chinese and latin font work with no mistake ?
When mistake comes I have send Repport to xiaomi. Perhaps see it.