Mi 8 SE - doesn't detect sim card(s)

Bastoenie

Members
Feb 21, 2020
Hello users,

I've got a Xiaomi Mi 8 SE Global edition where the glass was broken.

Replaced the glass with a new one and the telephone was working fine for about 8 weeks.

At one day it started with the fault that it could't detect the sim card. Restart helped in the beginning, after a few hours it doesn't even detect the sim card anymore.

Checked the Phone again and reassembled the thing and it worked again. But now nothing works anymore, it doesn't detect any sim card I put in the tray.

I've wanted to replace the ROM but a new problem occurs. I've made a hard reset from the telephone so I could reinstall it. But the problem is that if it doesn't detect the sim card, wifi isn't working also. The Phone is locked on my mi account, and I can't get in because 4g doesn't work. And the wifi doesn't work when there's no sim card in it.

The Phone isn't unlocked, I was working on that but I needed to take the last step that was verificate the Mi account. That didn't work so I tried a hard reset. So that's not an option either. Anyone has got an idea?

Thnx in advance.

Another thing I just tried is to approach it with an USB cable and Mi suite or the me unlock tool. That doesn't work either because Windows identifies the Mi 8 in windows explorer, but Mi suite says there's no device connected.

Update:

It works again, it's unlocked now and I'll try to reinstall the rom. :)

Last edited:
Hello users,

Replaced the glass with a new one and the telephone was working fine for about 8 weeks.

At one day it started with the fault that it could't detect the sim card. Restart helped in the beginning, after a few hours it doesn't even detect the sim card anymore.

Checked the Phone again and reassembled the thing and it worked again. But now nothing works anymore, it doesn't detect any sim card I put in the tray.

I've wanted to replace the ROM but a new problem occurs. I've made a hard reset from the telephone so I could reinstall it. But the problem is that if it doesn't detect the sim card, wifi isn't working also. The Phone is locked on my mi account, and I can't get in because 4g doesn't work. And the wifi doesn't work when there's no sim card in it.

The Phone isn't unlocked, I was working on that but I needed to take the last step that was verificate the Mi account. That didn't work so I tried a hard reset. So that's not an option either. Anyone has got an idea?

Thnx in advance.

Another thing I just tried is to approach it with an USB cable and Mi suite or the me unlock tool. That doesn't work either because Windows identifies the Mi 8 in windows explorer, but Mi suite says there's no device connected.

Update:

It works again, it's unlocked now and I'll try to reinstall the rom. :)

Try with chimera tools to flash in EDL mode, no authentication required

Hello users,

Thnx in advance.

Atualizar:

Funciona novamente, está desbloqueado agora e vou tentar reinstalar a ROM. :)
[/ CITAR]

O que outras pessoas estão dizendo
[QUOTE = "skelt, post: 531762, membro: 257081"]
Tente com as ferramentas quimeras piscar no modo EDL, não é necessária autenticação
[/ CITAR]
O que outras pessoas estão dizendo Aconteceu me o mesmo não consigo ativar o telemóvel como resolveu o problema?