Invalid MI 8 SE: Error camera and Google Play downloads.

lluiset

Members
Feb 1, 2019
Hi. I'm writing with the google translator, I'm Spanish and I do not speak English, I'm sorry if you do not understand something.
I installed in an MI 8 SE, the rom MIUIv10.2 STABLE. I have had 2 problems:
When I open the camera, it says "Insert an SD card before using the camera", and this phone does not have the option of inserting an SD, and I have not been able to change the option to save in internal storage. Then I do not have a camera.
Also, there are several Google Play applications (Chrome, Garmin connect, etc ...) that are not installed. I get a notification: "Error code: 190".
Can you help me?
Thank you.
IMG_20190201_165705 [1024x768].jpg IMG_20190201_165644 [1024x768].jpg IMG_20190201_165628 [1024x768].jpg

By the way ... For the Google Play bug, I have already made the recommendations to clear cache, in Play settings, check Play Protect certification, give permissions for downloads of unlimited size etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering ! :)
I have looked at the post, and there is not this version that is commented for the MI 8 SE. :(
The version that I have installed is this: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_V10.2.1.0.OEBCNFK_v10-8.1.zip
I do not know if it's stable or stable official, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:

All right. I have installed several ROMs, including the latest beta, and in no case the problem of the camera or google play is solved.
Please ... Anyone who owns an MI 8 SE that works everything correctly, can you tell me what ROM is installed?
They have my eternal gratitude.

9.1.17 all works properly

Wysłane z mojego MI 8 SE przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks for your answer.
I installed the ROM you mentioned, and it has not worked. The camera and Google Play downloads continue to fail. Maybe it's that my phone is Chinese (not global), and it has no solution.
With the original rom that came in Chinese-English, if it worked the camera and downloads of google play (in English), and looking for a rom to be able to put the language in Spanish is when a paperweight has been made. A shame.
Thanks for your interest. Greetings.

Thanks for answering ! :)
I have looked at the post, and there is not this version that is commented for the MI 8 SE. :(
The version that I have installed is this: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_V10.2.1.0.OEBCNFK_v10-8.1.zip
I do not know if it's stable or stable official, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:
You're right, the post I mentioned is not for your device, but the tip is a general one for all devices: Did you try a full wipe?
You don't know, if you are using a stable or a weekly ROM? You just install the weekly and stable ROMs wildly? Then don't be surprised if apps have failures. By switching from weekly to stable a full wipe is always recommended to avoid issues.
P.S.: xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8SE_V10.2.1.0.OEBCNFK_v10-8.1.zip >> that's the stable ROM from xiaomi.eu.

Thanks for your answer.
I installed the ROM you mentioned, and it has not worked. The camera and Google Play downloads continue to fail. Maybe it's that my phone is Chinese (not global), and it has no solution.
With the original rom that came in Chinese-English, if it worked the camera and downloads of google play (in English), and looking for a rom to be able to put the language in Spanish is when a paperweight has been made. A shame.
Thanks for your interest. Greetings.
You did wipe persist partition? If yes, then must flash persist from China package.

Wysłane z mojego MI 8 SE przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hello
Forget the stable rom it is reported with issue at different place.
I suppose you are with TWRP 1102 so you flash the following dev rom 8.12.20 with it and check if your phone is ok or not.
https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=11410963190603879860
If ok you report here, don't flash any earlier dev rom you gonna loose your twrp.
IF still in trouble you must refresh the phone with an official Xiaomi rom via Miflash.

Thanks for answering me.
In the installations I have cleaned both factory reset and Dalvik / Data / Caché. I have not wildly installed some ROMs on others without cleaning.

I have tried:
8.6.18_v10-8
8.12.27_v10-9
9.1.24_v10-9
9.1.17_v10-9
... and some other that I do not remember anymore. Now I have installed after doing a good cleaning that I have commented, 8.12.20_v10-9. and it does not work. The errors follow.

The only way there are no errors is to install an official Chinese rom via miflash: miui_MI8SE_V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH_2834ba9952_8.1, but this way, I'm like in the beginning, it's only in Chinese-English, and I want it It is in Spanish.

I think the Chinese are making sure that other non-global ROMs - official ones can not work.

Comment that since the folders come out with strange names in the TWRP (I think it is because it is encrypted), the updates have been made through Usb-OTG, that I can read it.

Maybe, over time, someone else will have the same problem as me, and the bugs will be corrected.

I think I'm going to give up now, I'll wait to see if there's a new ROM in a while that can work.

I thank you for your reports.
IMG_20190202_041222 [800x600].jpg IMG_20190202_041351 [800x600].jpg IMG_20190202_041452 [800x600].jpg IMG_20190202_041504 [800x600].jpg IMG_20190202_041521 [800x600].jpg

Greetings.

Thanks for answering me.
In the installations I have cleaned both factory reset and Dalvik / Data / Caché. I have not wildly installed some ROMs on others without cleaning.

I have tried:
8.6.18_v10-8
8.12.27_v10-9
9.1.24_v10-9
9.1.17_v10-9
... and some other that I do not remember anymore. Now I have installed after doing a good cleaning that I have commented, 8.12.20_v10-9. and it does not work. The errors follow.

The only way there are no errors is to install an official Chinese rom via miflash: miui_MI8SE_V10.0.1.0.OEBCNFH_2834ba9952_8.1, but this way, I'm like in the beginning, it's only in Chinese-English, and I want it It is in Spanish.

I think the Chinese are making sure that other non-global ROMs - official ones can not work.

Comment that since the folders come out with strange names in the TWRP (I think it is because it is encrypted), the updates have been made through Usb-OTG, that I can read it.

Maybe, over time, someone else will have the same problem as me, and the bugs will be corrected.

I think I'm going to give up now, I'll wait to see if there's a new ROM in a while that can work.

I thank you for your reports.
View attachment 23145 View attachment 23146 View attachment 23147 View attachment 23148 View attachment 23149

Greetings.
Now I understand your issue!

1-Your phone is encrypted so next flash have to be done after FORMAT DATA and not only wipes!)
2- you must reflash twrp 1102 or 1217 in order to flash miui eu rom. I see you have 1227 installed and this is to be used ONLY after eu 8.12.27_v10-9 installation. that's what I told you.
Your phone is like mine and many others, so you should succeed.
edit:
- format data
- flash 1102 twrp
- reboot twrp
- flash miui eu dev rom you want
- flash twrp 1227 BEFORE booting the rom if you flash a rom younger than 8.12.20!!! that's why I suugested you to do before to avoid lost of twrp if you reboot direct the newest rom.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm new to this, I've never manipulated a phone ... that's why I do not understand many things.

I have downloaded this TWRP:
"recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-1102-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
That's the right one?

What I do not understand is how to format the data instead of wipe.
Should I install some other software?

Sorry for my clumsiness, but I'm a dummy, although you've given me hope that I can resolve this issue.

Infinite thanks.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm new to this, I've never manipulated a phone ... that's why I do not understand many things.

I have downloaded this TWRP:
"recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-1102-XIAOMI8SE-CN-wzsx150.img"
That's the right one?

What I do not understand is how to format the data instead of wipe.
Should I install some other software?

Sorry for my clumsiness, but I'm a dummy, although you've given me hope that I can resolve this issue.

Infinite thanks.
You format data in TWRP in the wipe section. in it two options "avanced" and "format".

WWWWOOOOOWWWWW
Both the camera and the google downloads work. :D

It was for not having formatted, and only wipe.

I am eternally grateful for your help, both for your advice and for the speed with which you have helped me.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. ;)

Reactions: MeiGuddet
WWWWOOOOOWWWWW
Both the camera and the google downloads work. :D

It was for not having formatted, and only wipe.

I am eternally grateful for your help, both for your advice and for the speed with which you have helped me.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. ;)
No problem, I lived your situation in the past....
Just to be sure you are on 8.12.20 rom version?
because you must be careful when going to earlier roms not to loose twrp....if you don't take care to install 1227 version BEFORE booting back in the new rom after flash!!!
But you know how to recover with mifalsh.
bye

… Comment that since the folders come out with strange names in the TWRP (I think it is because it is encrypted), the updates have been made through Usb-OTG, that I can read it …
Sorry, but you didn't mention that you came from official Xiaomi ROM, or I misunderstood your opening post completely.
I thought you are already on eu-ROM and switched around between stable and weekly ROMs.

I'm sorry I created confusion, as I said I'm a novice in these issues. I have been very lucky to have help in this forum. Now everything works fine. I thank you again, and I hope that if someone else has the same problem as me, reading this post find a solution. Many thanks friends.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
Hi
I've got the problem like the guy before but I use a Mi 8 standard:
I use TWRP 3.2.3-1110 and I installed 8.12.13 but...the camera doesn't work: "la camara no se ha podido iniciar (I think in English should be something like "camera can not start")"
I try everything (trying beta vetrsion, trying official versión - always from xiaomi.eu), but I don't know where I can found diferent versions of TWRP so I can change it in order to update it.

Thanks for help!

Hi
I've got the problem like the guy before but I use a Mi 8 standard:
I use TWRP 3.2.3-1110 and I installed 8.12.13 but...the camera doesn't work: "la camara no se ha podido iniciar (I think in English should be something like "camera can not start")"
I try everything (trying beta vetrsion, trying official versión - always from xiaomi.eu), but I don't know where I can found diferent versions of TWRP so I can change it in order to update it.

Thanks for help!
Did you ever format data, not only wipe?
Anyway, this link is all about MI8 dipper TWRP:
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...neage-compatible-global-rom-compatible.48432/
Read carefully first post.

Thank u for de answer.

I format data, then I choose the ROM (9.1.24) and it flash de smartphone...but the camera still doesn't work
I`m reading the post you post before and I will try it with 1208 version as it says.

I hope it works finally !

P.D I try with global versión, with stable version with same result: camera doesnt wor so I dont know what happens :(

Well..this seem so rare...the camera doesn't work, but if I puto on slow motion mode, and change de FPS to120 o 240...it works for a few seconds.
I don't know what happens with it jeje

Anybody knows where I can find older TWRP version?

Thank U