Mi 8 stuck on bootloop

chillta

Members
Oct 27, 2019
Hey guys,

i think i messed up big time. Today i tried to update my older MIUI 10 rom to the current latest 11. I realized to late that i probably should have done a full wipe before updating, but i just installed the latest zip (using twrp-3.3.1-1-dipper). The install routine was running and after a while the phone shut down and stayed black. I waited a while and decided to press the power button after a very unusual long time.

I now just get the mi logo and nothing happens anymore. Just the mi logo (mi.com underneath). No "unlocked", no android, no loading indicator. It just stays on the logo. It will restart from time to time, but always be stuck on the logo. Now, the problem is, i cannot get it to recovery or anything. Volume up + power will reboot, it will vibrate shortly but then be stuck. Volume down + power the same. If i keep holding, it will reboot over and over again in short cycles, but ultimately going nowhere.

My last hope is to wait until the battery is drained, maybe i can then boot into recovery again to flash ANYTHING. Anybody got any advice? How screwed am i?

Greetings.

Hey guys,

i think i messed up big time. Today i tried to update my older MIUI 10 rom to the current latest 11. I realized to late that i probably should have done a full wipe before updating, but i just installed the latest zip (using twrp-3.3.1-1-dipper). The install routine was running and after a while the phone shut down and stayed black. I waited a while and decided to press the power button after a very unusual long time.

I now just get the mi logo and nothing happens anymore. Just the mi logo (mi.com underneath). No "unlocked", no android, no loading indicator. It just stays on the logo. It will restart from time to time, but always be stuck on the logo. Now, the problem is, i cannot get it to recovery or anything. Volume up + power will reboot, it will vibrate shortly but then be stuck. Volume down + power the same. If i keep holding, it will reboot over and over again in short cycles, but ultimately going nowhere.

My last hope is to wait until the battery is drained, maybe i can then boot into recovery again to flash ANYTHING. Anybody got any advice? How screwed am i?

Greetings.
Hmm, bad luck then, I would try to get Fastboot working or at least something with adb, maybe mi-flash is capable of recognizing the phone on pc.

I afraid the so called EDL mode is your last option..

Good luck!

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Neither adb nor mi-flash recognize the device.....

Does Xiaomi support offer 'unbricking'? If the device keeps rebooting even after the batterie was drained, i guess i will have to go that route, or actually try the EDL mode via the test pins stuff. Well, better than throwing it away i guess....