Invalid [MI 9 21.3.24] Missing certificate Widewine L1

denoffeu

Members
Jul 18, 2020
After flashing Xiaomi EU 21.3.24 my phone has lost its certificate Widewine L1. Now he's level L3

My Mi9 lost its certificate widevine L1 from 3 weeks ago. T_T

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 MI 9 發送

Reactions: denoffeu
@denoffeu You said in another post that you flashed the persist partition..., that's the reason why you permanently lost Widevine L1 and you have no way to get it back. It's not a ROM issue/bug...

Reactions: JiaiJ
Sounds about right...
1. A ROM is released with a new Android version. We don't have any Widevine L1 ***** blobs to make L1 key reading possible, so users lose L1 temporarily.
2. Users panic and start looking for solutions, and read somewhere that they have to flash/wipe the persist partition, wiping their L1 key in the process.
3. We get hold of Widevine L1 ***** blobs and add them to a newer ROM, enabling back L1 support, but users already wiped their L1 keys, so the blobs have nothing to read.

Game is over for such users, basically, until there's some way to fetch them again. I don't know of any such way.

Reactions: Ghost030 and JiaiJ
Sounds about right...
1. A ROM is released with a new Android version. We don't have any Widevine L1 ***** blobs to make L1 key reading possible, so users lose L1 temporarily.
2. Users panic and start looking for solutions, and read somewhere that they have to flash/wipe the persist partition, wiping their L1 key in the process.
3. We get hold of Widevine L1 ***** blobs and add them to a newer ROM, enabling back L1 support, but users already wiped their L1 keys, so the blobs have nothing to read.

Game is over for such users, basically, until there's some way to fetch them again. I don't know of any such way.
Not even with the backup of persist partition that xiaomi.eu rom does?

On my Mi 9T, "Widevine (L1)" certificat in the fingerprint payments menu came back (21.3.24 and 21.4.1). Is it a bug? Because it's (still) not working... :)
Yes, it's an official bug. China ROM doesn't have any L1 support libraries, and yet they defined in the device_feature XML
Code:
    <!-- wheter the device support widevine l1, 1: support, 2: ota_support -->
    <integer name="support_widevine_l1">2</integer>
Thus it shows up in Fingerprint payments, when it shouldn't be...
In any case, I patched it for the next release.

Reactions: Poney70