Mi 9 - Battery

murilo_foletto

Members
Jun 18, 2020
Hello everyone!
I would like to know if anyone could explain me what "Other" means in "battery stats". I don't know what apps could be draining my battery (around 15-20%).
I also wonder how is your battery performance in active use. I'm getting around 4h in MIUI 12 Stable (12.0.3).
Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone!
I would like to know if anyone could explain me what "Other" means in "battery stats". I don't know what apps could be draining my battery (around 15-20%).
I also wonder how is your battery performance in active use. I'm getting around 4h in MIUI 12 Stable (12.0.3).
Thanks everyone!
It's everything that doesn't fit into the list, practically limiting the list entries from being too long.

Here's my battery usage (EU 12.0.2):
Screenshot_2020-07-20-11-52-49-879_com.digibites.accubattery.jpg
basically it's a matter how often I use the phone (or how fast it reaches the maximum SoT).
On July 17, it lasts for 32+ hours with 5+ hours SoT, but I don't use it very often. It slowly crawls the 5 hours.
On July 18, it lasts for 15.5+ hours with 6+hours SoT, where I use it extensively due to a long group discussion conversations in WhatsApp.
On July 19 until now, it already lasts almost 25 hours with almost 4 hours SoT, again the same with July 17, this is used slowly.

It's everything that doesn't fit into the list, practically limiting the list entries from being too long.

Here's my battery usage (EU 12.0.2):
View attachment 31004
basically it's a matter how often I use the phone (or how fast it reaches the maximum SoT).
On July 17, it lasts for 32+ hours with 5+ hours SoT, but I don't use it very often. It slowly crawls the 5 hours.
On July 18, it lasts for 15.5+ hours with 6+hours SoT, where I use it extensively due to a long group discussion conversations in WhatsApp.
On July 19 until now, it already lasts almost 25 hours with almost 4 hours SoT, again the same with July 17, this is used slowly.
Thank you so much for your answers!
Are settings like Bluetooth, WiFi and data mobile counted in the "others" as well?

I've summed every item in the battery stats and it's less than 100%. Is it ok?

I've downloaded accubattery to track what could be affecting me. The app measured 67% of battery health. I've got really concerned, because I have my phone for only 8 months...

Sent from my MI 9 using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for your answers!
Are settings like Bluetooth, WiFi and data mobile counted in the "others" as well?
I believe so, AFAIK it doesn't separate application and hardware like in the past anymore.
I've summed every item in the battery stats and it's less than 100%. Is it ok?
Sure, rounding errors do happen. An accumulative result of 0.1% difference may end up in, I don't know, 1%? 2%? 5%? As long as it's not far from 90-ish consider it accurate.
I've downloaded accubattery to track what could be affecting me. The app measured 67% of battery health. I've got really concerned, because I have my phone for only 8 months...
That's pretty bad, I don't know what behavior may cause this as I do what others suggest not to do: (almost) always fully charge to 100% and only charge again at 0% (fake actually, this is how manufacturers save us from totally draining the battery) or at most 2%. With my behavior, my battery is still at quite healthy 81% and my phone is 11 months old.

I believe so, AFAIK it doesn't separate application and hardware like in the past anymore.

Sure, rounding errors do happen. An accumulative result of 0.1% difference may end up in, I don't know, 1%? 2%? 5%? As long as it's not far from 90-ish consider it accurate.

That's pretty bad, I don't know what behavior may cause this as I do what others suggest not to do: (almost) always fully charge to 100% and only charge again at 0% (fake actually, this is how manufacturers save us from totally draining the battery) or at most 2%. With my behavior, my battery is still at quite healthy 81% and my phone is 11 months old.
Again, thanks for your help!
I'm considering to evaluate other ROM to check if it gets any better...
This is my first Xiaomi's phone and I'm really concerned about its battery.
It seems to me that 67% of battery health is pretty absurd.

You're very unlikely to find a rom better than this one for battery life, other than the one it shipped with. If you do actually have a battery problem, it's almost certainly not caused by the rom, more likely an app or possibly the need to wipe data.

You're very unlikely to find a rom better than this one for battery life, other than the one it shipped with. If you do actually have a battery problem, it's almost certainly not caused by the rom, more likely an app or possibly the need to wipe data.
I'm gonna stay here in EU ROM for a week at least to check how it's going to perform.
I'm really trying to avoid other roms, cause I love this one.
I did I clean install and the only thing that I restored is the "home screen and apps" from Xiaomi's backup cloud. So I haven't restored any previous sets I guess...
Do you think that's ok?
What I see is a high consume in active use... On Instagram, for example, it's almost 25%/h.

It sounds ok. Check the permissions and battery settings on the problem apps, limit them to location only while in use, and make sure they're subject to the Xiaomi battery mangement.

It sounds ok. Check the permissions and battery settings on the problem apps, limit them to location only while in use, and make sure they're subject to the Xiaomi battery mangement.
I did all of these suggestions! None of my apps are allowed to autostart, most of them are set as "MIUI Battery saver" and some are even restricted.
My "others" in Battery Usage Stats is about 20%... I cant really understand why its so high... Also, my screen is about 20%... I think these are pretty high consumes

Percentages don't tell you how much battery a process is using. My "other" category is showing 18%, my screen is showing 8%, my radio app is top with 20% and Messages is at 10%, but my battery charge percentage is still 81% (I'm on a Mi 9 Pro with a much larger battery). If your battery charge percentage is dropping faster than expected (you have a pretty small battery, so I'd expect it to drop fairly fast), it may be a calibration problem, so run it to empty then recharge to full a couple of times.

Percentages don't tell you how much battery a process is using. My "other" category is showing 18%, my screen is showing 8%, my radio app is top with 20% and Messages is at 10%, but my battery charge percentage is still 81% (I'm on a Mi 9 Pro with a much larger battery). If your battery charge percentage is dropping faster than expected (you have a pretty small battery, so I'd expect it to drop fairly fast), it may be a calibration problem, so run it to empty then recharge to full a couple of times.
I've analyzed it when my battery was under 10%.
But thanks for the tip on the calibration!
Thanks a lot!

Do you guys have a problem with a no-deep-sleep issue? I found that my issue was caused by enabling fingerprint in security.When I disabled it, the phone started to deep sleep. I have enabled Mars Super Wallpaper by the way.

Do you guys have a problem with a no-deep-sleep issue? I found that my issue was caused by enabling fingerprint in security.When I disabled it, the phone started to deep sleep. I have enabled Mars Super Wallpaper by the way.
Not in my phone, I don't use super wallpaper, though. I'd rather have a working fingerprint sensor than battery draining wallpaper. No idea if both are mutually exclusive or what. Or something else inside your screen's fingerprint area that keeps it scanning all the time.

Hey guys!
I've been worrying about my battery lately, as you can see in the previous posts.
Approximately a week ago I've downloaded Accubattery and the app was giving a battery health of about 65% - my phone is 8 months old so I really got worried about this...
I was suspicious that my phone wasn't charging completely.
In the past months I've been testing several ROMs and restoring several backups...
What a did 2 days ago was to format my phone, clean all data, reinstall stable version 12.0.3 and did not restore any backup. After this, I've charged my phone completely and used it until it goes off (FIRST PICTURE).
Here comes the curious fact: after my phone turned off, I've tried to turn it on in recovery mode (orange fox) and although its battery information was zero percent, I could use the recovery mode for quite some time (I believe it was about 20 minutes. I set the screen brightness to the highest value and set two backups to accelerate the process to run out of battery).
Apparently my battery life is better. In a single night I've used to spend 13% of battery and in the first night after all this process I've lost 6%.
My battery lasted longer in the next day (SECOND PICTURE), although I still feel that I have some battery drain in SOT. I've got almost 20%/h in active use..

9d56c4e8d10318403621fcfeac8cfdf5.jpg
1308e084c442e226e7aa5e285ef15e97.jpg

Last edited:
I downgraded from beta to stable 2 days ago. So far, I am satisfied with the battery performance.

Can anyone tell me if these are normal values of battery consumption?
Show the battery usage tab, discharging speed tells nothing without how long you use each app. Say, Google Photos look like the most battery eater for consuming 22.9%/h, but do you even use it for 1 hour? Otherwise, there's really no way to tell if it's normal some apps are connected to each other and everybody uses different features of an app that may conclude to different discharging speed. Take Google Play Services. YouTube, Play Store, Maps, etc. silently uses it because they communicate in the background due to certain features (like automatic login through Google Account but that's just one of many others). Then WhatsApp, my discharging speed on sunday will be magnitude higher (at least twice) than any other day, because that's the day it does automatic backup to my Google account. So, "normal" cannot be precisely defined only by looking at discharging speed.

Overnight it tooks 10% in 6 1/2 hours
Wifi and mobil data off
75106eac8dc85b351e0b0969eb7ecd54.jpg

Superwitschi Designs

Last edited:
Show the battery usage tab, discharging speed tells nothing without how long you use each app. Say, Google Photos look like the most battery eater for consuming 22.9%/h, but do you even use it for 1 hour? Otherwise, there's really no way to tell if it's normal some apps are connected to each other and everybody uses different features of an app that may conclude to different discharging speed. Take Google Play Services. YouTube, Play Store, Maps, etc. silently uses it because they communicate in the background due to certain features (like automatic login through Google Account but that's just one of many others). Then WhatsApp, my discharging speed on sunday will be magnitude higher (at least twice) than any other day, because that's the day it does automatic backup to my Google account. So, "normal" cannot be precisely defined only by looking at discharging speed.
As always, thank you so much for your answer!
I understand... It completely makes sense. However these discharging speeds seems pretty accurate to me. Basically every app consumes around 15-20%/h.
In this picture, I've used my phone for 2h and it consumes 40%
e65be6a8748b5ba6f06161bf92c50761.jpg

Overnight it tooks 10% in 6 1/2 hours
Wifi and mobil data off
75106eac8dc85b351e0b0969eb7ecd54.jpg

Superwitschi Designs
Your active time seems to be pretty high in the last few hours... Just like mine actually
My battery consume over night is about 6-7% (also 6.5h).
My data and wifi were on and my FOD off
13d1897620ab6e191327c9863805b325.jpg
fbd096c2bcc4361d1845a9f52d69d394.jpg

My battery has always been pretty bad no matter what ROM I'm on. Luckily, it charges up pretty fast.

Did you try to apply any settings that were posted here?
How much time do you got in SoT?