Invalid MI 9 - Cannot install APK from Downloader

extpumajl

Members
Mar 19, 2016
After downloading the apk file it can't be opened throuth the downloader app directly:
Screenshot_2019-10-23-10-46-55-330_com.android.providers.downloads.ui.jpg

But I found a solution: I replaced Packageinstaller.apk under system/priv-app /packageinstaller/ with my apk from another rom. Now the apk installation works from downloader app. Since Xiaomi has not fixed the bug for quite some time and does not listen to feedback, maybe this can be solved by Xiaomi.eu?

Attachments

• PackageInstaller.apk
    4.1 MB · Views: 3,617
We're not going to use MIUI Package Installer. We are using Google Package Installer, just like on Global ROMs.
I'm unable to reproduce this issue on Android 8 and 9.

Reactions: Don415
We're not going to use MIUI Package Installer. We are using Google Package Installer, just like on Global ROMs.
I'm unable to reproduce this issue on Android 8 and 9.
Then we have to wait for MIUI 11 global rom?
And no one of you have Android 10 device to try to reproduce the issue?

I have the 9.10.17 Rom with MIUI 11 and Android 10 flashed on my Mi9 and cannot confirm this bug. Every local *.app file can be opened and installed.

I have the 9.10.17 Rom with MIUI 11 and Android 10 flashed on my Mi9 and cannot confirm this bug. Every local *.app file can be opened and installed.
Just one more time: .apk files cannot be installed throuth Downloader app or from notification about downloaded apk like on my screenshot.

Then we have to wait for MIUI 11 global rom?
This has nothing to do with Global ROM. I just said that using Google Package Installer is the Global standard, and is able to handle APKs just fine. MIUI Package Installer is intended for China.
And no one of you have Android 10 device to try to reproduce the issue?
Apart from myself, most of us do, and no one has reported this issue so far...

This has nothing to do with Global ROM. I just said that using Google Package Installer is the Global standard, and is able to handle APKs just fine. MIUI Package Installer is intended for China.

I meant with official release of stable global rom we will get fully official integration of google apps including google package installer, because your package installer for now is not working on MI 9, at least in downloader app.

Apart from myself, most of us do, and no one has reported this issue so far...

Looks like no one of you have had tested it on Mi 9 for now. It just doesn't work as expected!

Last edited:
Looks like no one of you have had tested it on Mi 9 for now. It just doesn't work as expected!
This has nothing to do with the device, we use the same Gapps for all Android 10 ROMs. We just can't reproduce this.

EDIT: Was confirmed on a Mi 9, not on MIX 2S though, which limits my abilities to diagnose it.

Reactions: extpumajl
I can confirm this happens with my Mi9, but I just use the file manager to install apk, so I didn't report it.

Reactions: extpumajl
Aynı sorun bende de var. Ve hiçbir şey anlamadım. Bana yardım eder misiniz? Görsel veya yazılı
[QUOTE = "extpumajl, posta: 510124, üye: 138781"]
APK dosyasını indirdikten sonra doğrudan indirme uygulaması üzerinden açılamaz:
View attachment 26711
Ama bir çözüm buldum : System / priv-app / packageinstaller / altında Packageinstaller.apk dosyasını başka bir romdaki apk'imle değiştirdim. Şimdi apk kurulumu downloader uygulamasından çalışıyor. Xiaomi hatayı bir süredir düzeltmediğinden ve geri bildirimleri dinlemediğinden, belki bu Xiaomi.eu tarafından çözülebilir?
[/QUOTE]
I have that same problem. And I didn't understand anything. Can you help me? Visual or in writing

Last edited by a moderator: