Mi 9 Charging slow

ubeyou

Members
Apr 29, 2019
Hey everyone,

I'm still using MIUI 10.5, xiaomi eu 9.7.22

Recently I noticed my fast charging no longer works. and while using normal cable with fast charge, the speed is around 600~800mAh. When I'm charging it using Nintendo Switch Cable, it maxed at 1200mAh.

I tried to clean up the usb c port but there is not much dusts in it and i suspect my usb c port has issue.

I wonder if upgrading the rom works?

hi i have mi 9 one year+ i charge in home with orginal charger 18w with 4volt +- and 2900mah max or between 2000 - 2900
you habe app ampre that tell u real time what volt and ampre if you use orginal charger then there is problem in the os or hardware
the cable usualy do not have problem only the head unit

while using normal cable with fast charge, the speed is around 600~800mAh. When I'm charging it using Nintendo Switch Cable, it maxed at 1200mAh.
I wonder if upgrading the rom works?
Upgrading ROM won't solve hardware problems. Try getting a better cable first, you already show that using another cable it improves a bit, though I don't know what cable Nintendo Switch is using, ensure you have something similar with the original cable. Some cables are marketed with QC 3.0 compatible, but you need to test one yourself to be sure, as there's no way to ensure (they look all the same from the outside) without direct testing. I have ones from Aukey and Tronsmart, all are working as advertised (near 3000mAh when the battery is about 5%). However, I also have one from my laptop and it can boost past 3000mAh at the same percentage, the head is USB PD charger instead of QC 3.0, though.
the cable usualy do not have problem only the head unit
Cables also deteriorate over time, especially when often folded incorrectly.

All cables are working great. I tested other devices on all my cables, they are working fine. I have laptop charger that's 48W and it can charge my phone at 2000mAh. I believed it's OS related problem as I still can reach 2000mAh in certain high watt usb c cable. WIll find a time to reformat later.

All cables are working great. I tested other devices on all my cables, they are working fine. I have laptop charger that's 48W and it can charge my phone at 2000mAh. I believed it's OS related problem as I still can reach 2000mAh in certain high watt usb c cable. WIll find a time to reformat later.
I have a 35W charger that charges my other devices at full speed but it won't charge my phone with charge turbo. Only the original charger seems to works for my phone. Could this be the same issue?