New Mi 9 Lite cannot add fingerprint

SomeOne

Members
Jan 31, 2021
Hello, I recently installed MIUI 12.5 21.1.28 for Mi 9 Lite (CC9) weekly rom and once I was at the part to set up my lockscreen I couldn't add a finger print. Later on I went and tried again from the settings and it still said Can't add fingerprint, try again. I tried recalibrating it but got Performance_chart failed at the end.

Also I'd like to know why is it using a Mi 9 fingerprint instead if Mi 9 Lite

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-01-02-09-28-112_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-01-02-09-28-112_com.android.settings.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 480
  • Screenshot_2021-02-01-09-48-39-798_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-01-09-48-39-798_com.android.settings.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 462
I'm having simmilar issues with MI9 :
Maybe someone could help me? fingerprint stopped working for my MI 9, "could not add fingerprint, try again later" when trying to add new fingerprint.
I have tried calibration which was posted in here:

Try recalibrating your FoD via Android's built-in CIT.
1) settings
2) my device
3) tap 5 times on the kernel version to enter CIT
4) open additional tools by pressings on the 3 dots top right corner.
5) select FOD fingerprint calibration
6) Try to configure your fingerprint again as phonelock.

When I try to run this, I always receive:

Can someone help me solve this?
Thanks

Edit: fingerprint stopped working after update 21.1.13/14 or 21.1.20/21

Same is happening to me on my mi9 after a clean install. When I try to add a fingerprint, it does some scans then stops. After keep putting my finger in the sensor it scans again but fails after sometime. Can't add fingerprint.

Same is happening to me on my mi9 after a clean install. When I try to add a fingerprint, it does some scans then stops. After keep putting my finger in the sensor it scans again but fails after sometime. Can't add fingerprint.
Hi, it happened to me as well.
But i found a solution.
I came back to miui global using mi flash ( Dont lock Bootloader ). And boot into the rom. After that unlock the bootloader and flash twrp and xiaomi.eu beta as normal. Don't restore data from gmail. Just set it all up from the ground.

Hi, it happened to me as well.
But i found a solution.
I came back to miui global using mi flash ( Dont lock Bootloader ). And boot into the rom. After that unlock the bootloader and flash twrp and xiaomi.eu beta as normal. Don't restore data from gmail. Just set it all up from the ground.
I will try that and I will let you know if it works for me. Thanks for sharing

unfortunately it doesn't work for me :/ Going back to EEA Global where FOD works :(

Last edited:
same issue here, igot it since I updated to 12.5. Tried also installing 12.3 but same issue. I wonder if it's firmware related