New [Mi 9][MIUI 12 Stable] Cellular network not available despite phone showing that it is

DarrianCZE

Members
Oct 27, 2019
Hi,

this issue has been occurring to me across several builds. I am now running stable build MIUI 12.0.6.

Sometimes this weird thing starts to happen. My SIM card stops working, but in a way that the phone shows full signal reception, but when I try to call someone or someone tries to call me, or send / receive an SMS, then my cellular carrier says that cellular network is not available.

I am using 2 SIM cards, one for personal and one for work use, and when this happened several times with my work SIM card, I have decided to factory reset the phone and reinstall the latest stable build of the MIUI. Then it stopped happening for a long time.

But yesterday the same thing happened with my personal SIM card, so I am posting it here. Since it's obviously happening to both SIM cards, the only valid conclusion is that this is a software fault. If it happened with only one SIM card, I would understand that it could be wrongly seated or damaged, but it cannot happen to both.

Please, I need this solved soon because I am an employee with On-Call service for a critical state infrastructure, so it is completely unacceptable for me to not be reachable, and further more not be reachable and not being able to notice. As I said, the phone says that it has full signal reception so I will notice only when someone tells me that he is unable to call me or when I try to call someone, or when I will not receive SMS which I expect.

And the solution is to restart the phone or enable and then disable Airplane mode. Then everything works as expected.

Did you try reseating the cards anyway?

Not sure if I did then when my work SIM was doing this, but definitely not now when my personal SIM did this.

However, I have just reseated them and tried to blow any dust out of the slot, so we will see if that helped. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Reactions: dexterv