New Mi 9T Automatic Restart - Android Auto

AhSDeeThing

Members
Jan 22, 2021
I have a Mi 9T running MIUI 12.0.5.0. Whenever I plug it into my car for Android Auto, my phone automatically restarts and displays the "MIUI" logo.

Upon restart I get the message "Find device closed unexpectedly". If I keep it plugged into my vehicle, it will restart again after trying to connect to Android Auto.

I'm not sure if my phone automatically updated to MIUI 12.0.5.0 recently, but Android Auto was working a couple of days ago.

Anyone have any info on this issue?

I have a Mi 9T running MIUI 12.0.5.0. Whenever I plug it into my car for Android Auto, my phone automatically restarts and displays the "MIUI" logo.

Upon restart I get the message "Find device closed unexpectedly". If I keep it plugged into my vehicle, it will restart again after trying to connect to Android Auto.

I'm not sure if my phone automatically updated to MIUI 12.0.5.0 recently, but Android Auto was working a couple of days ago.

Anyone have any info on this issue?
Can you start recording logs on a a logcat reader app if you are rooted and reproduce the issue you and then send the logs here.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

I was able to replicate the same issue with another car stereo running the same software. My phone restarts upon connection. carlinkit.com/autokit.apk. It's MIUI 12 not being compatible with the Autokit.apk running in my headunit. It was working before the MIUI update though.

I can say i have the same issue.... But to be very clear, you don't need to have auokit app open or running in the background. The restart happens when i plug in the dongle, even bought a new one as i believed that the issue was with the android auto dongle... So something is being sent by the dongle that was managed earlier but now it restarts...

I can say i have the same issue.... But to be very clear, you don't need to have auokit app open or running in the background. The restart happens when i plug in the dongle, even bought a new one as i believed that the issue was with the android auto dongle... So something is being sent by the dongle that was managed earlier but now it restarts...

I've tried plugging the dongle in to my computer and connecting my phone to it to see if it restarts, and it does not restart. Only when connected to a headunit with the Autokit.apk file. I've also installed the Autokit.apk file with an android tablet and connected my phone to it. My phone also restarts. Hopefully a MIUI update fixes the issue.

I've also purchased the newer wireless carlinkit dongle and it does the same thing.

Reactions: bobbandeone

I figured out the issue! The bootloop is due to the latest chrome update. Uninstall chrome and it should revert back to an older version. After that android auto should work again with the dongle.

I figured out the issue! The bootloop is due to the latest chrome update. Uninstall chrome and it should revert back to an older version. After that android auto should work again with the dongle.
Cool!!!!! Great finding! Will try it out and give you feedback :)