New Mi 9T Crash gestures 12.1.1.0 stable

You have to set "MIUI Launcher" as default launcher, in phone's settings, if you want full-screen gestures. ;)

Workarounds for third-party launcher:
  • Install from GooglePlayStore:
    • Infinity Gestures
    • - OR -
    • Fluid Navigation Gestures
Or try this without waranty:
./adb shell cmd overlay enable com.android.internal.systemui.navbar.gestural

:)

@Poney70
Thx for the tips. But I have to mention that gestures worked perfectly on 12.0.x stable builds for e.g. Microsoft Launcher.
It is a bit disappointing that this does not work anymore.

@tokad
Welcome to MIUI + Android 11...
Xiaomi is too lazy to add gestures in whole system for Android 11 (like for Android 10). They only added gestures feature in their own launcher.
:(

@Poney70
Did the update just hours ago. Now just realised that this minor MIUI update comes with a major Android update. Hence this is the first stable MIUI build with Android 11it will maybe get fixed. Hope so because the fullscreen gestures feature was one of the things I missed most while having my short Android One intermezzo.

Thx for your answer.

@Poney70
Did the update just hours ago. Now just realised that this minor MIUI update comes with a major Android update. Hence this is the first stable MIUI build with Android 11it will maybe get fixed. Hope so because the fullscreen gestures feature was one of the things I missed most while having my short Android One intermezzo.

Thx for your answer.
Unlikely to happen anytime soon, it's not implemented on MIUI 12.5 Weekly either. In fact, when you change the default launcher to another, full screen display is turned off automatically.

Reactions: stefan8661