New mi max 3 miui10 bugs(8.8.23)

Hi jomoloco,

What do you do exactly? Because when I try f2fs data partition and format data, I still have the same issues about sound. On another post you say wipe everything. Do you wipe system too??? Because I've read if I wipe system I will brick the device.

Thanks for you reply.

Wipe all data system internal storage etc. Then change to data f2fs reboot then format data say yes. Then mouth all then install rom file wipe cache dalvik then reeboot.

Reactions: hiroando
Jomolocco

I did exactly what you say and still the same issue about sound. Nevertheless, Thanks for your help jomolocco. Thanks omer919 too. I think i will wait for the next update...

Just in case if someone know how to solve this sound issue. I attach pictures when I go to parameters-> Sounds & Vibrations (white page).

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_Sound_Vibration.png
    Screenshot_Sound_Vibration.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 173
Make all again but install 8.8.9.
if the phone give an error on setup wizard(not on twrp, on first miui 10 screen opening) go twrp then make all.
them again and install 8.8.23.

probably give an error on 8.8.9 but dont worry.
Which miui 9 version had you got. I had 9.6.11.
if you had 9.6.12 I dont know arb can brick phone probably.
I am not sure about this.

Last edited:
Jomolocco

Thanks again for you reply. My device had MIUI 9 v9.6.8 and updated directly to MIUI 10 8.8.23 (downloading on Xiaomi.eu) via TWRP.

So just to be sure, your device had v9.6.11 rom and you updated MIUI 10 8.8.23 via TWRP and you have sound issues and etc...
Then you follow exactly the omer919's method : from your 8.8.23 rom come back to MIUI10 8.8.9 via fastboot method installation, then install again 8.8.23 via twrp???

Thanks again

1- wipe system data internal storage etc
2-close Use rm -rf instead of formatting then make data f2fs and reboot recovery
4- format data say yes reboot recovery
5- mouth all tick
6- install 8.8.9
7- wipe cache dalvik
8- reebot and wait the device open. if you see this message go to 9-

Reset Phone

Encryption was interrupted and can't be completed. As a result, the data on your phone is no longer accessible.
To resume using your phone, you need to perform a factory reset.

if you ok with 8.8.9 you can update with system upgrader.

9- go back recovery for install 8.8.23 make sure close Use rm -rf instead of formatting
10- wipe system data internal storage etc
11- make data f2fs
12- reboot recovery
13- format data say yes reboot recovery
14- mouth all tick
15- install 8.8.23
16- wipe cache dalvik
17-reboot

I made same way and resolve all my problem.

As I said, this method worked for me. I do not take any responsibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: hiroando
Hi Jomolocco

Thanks again for you reply. A last question : I don't know what you mean by "close Use rm -rf instead of formatting".
I know the linux command rm -r to delete directories. But where and how do you apply this command and on which directories exactly?

Hi Jomolocco

Thank you very much for your help. I followed all step in your previous post and It's working for me too. No problem anymore with sound or other.

Thanks again.