Mi mix 4 keep restarting/freezing

lukasziemny

Members
Mar 23, 2022
Hello All
I have a problem with my mix 4, it constantly restarts itself with different intervals, sometimes works all day, and then suddenly restarts a few times in a row. I try several rooms from stable to weekly and looks like after installing some apps the same situation happens again and again, Could any one pls help how to figure out what makes my phone keeping restarting/freezing best regards

When I have seen this it is usually down to a specific app. For me it was Greenify, which is dead, but makes me think a sufficiently outdated app could cause this behaviour

So when you say "installing some apps". Maybe it's one of these. Does it happen without installing any apps? Can you install, say, half your necessary apps only, just to eliminate what apps are causing it?

If it happens on a fresh rom you have done nothing to, the ROM is the issue not the apps

Are you formatting data between trying different ROMs? If not this might be worth a try. This would eliminate virtually all potential software errors

When I have seen this it is usually down to a specific app. For me it was Greenify, which is dead, but makes me think a sufficiently outdated app could cause this behaviour

So when you say "installing some apps". Maybe it's one of these. Does it happen without installing any apps? Can you install, say, half your necessary apps only, just to eliminate what apps are causing it?

If it happens on a fresh rom you have done nothing to, the ROM is the issue not the apps

Are you formatting data between trying different ROMs? If not this might be worth a try. This would eliminate virtually all potential software errors
Hello Thank You for Your reply, unfortunately, restarts happen very suddenly, even on a fresh installation. The phone could work for 2 days without a single restart and then I have 3 in a row. Yes, I press volume + with power and format the phone, and then install rom . Maybe I do something wrong very hard for me to find a solution ,

Reactions: ToneLa
Hello
Same Problem here. Which Firmware have you installed? I have the newest stable version from Xiaomi.EU MIUI 13 from february 2022.

I noticed, thats my phone will restart, after i switch on GPS and some app will find out the location ( instagram, google maps etc.) . i allready reinstalled the apps and also flashed again the same firmware. problem still here. I think, there is a bug in this firmware with the gps or something like this...

Its worth to mention that from last 2 weeks problem is mostly gone but I did nothing extra , I think some app got update .

Reactions: ToneLa