New Mi Mix2 8.6.28 - No Notifications on Lockscreen

Migumania

Members
Jun 29, 2017
Hi. still no notifications on lockscreen from whatsapp, gmail or missed calls....
and when i have an incoming whatsapp message, the sound rings twice.

The problem is, that the option "show on Lockscreen" can not be enabled for all apps. Eg for gmail, the option is greyed out and can not be enabled - therefore, no notification on Lockscreen.
Is this a bug or a "feature"??

For the WhatsApp double notification sound, change it to default notification sound in the settings of WhatsApp and look if this solves your problem. Worked for me.
Haven't tried yet to change it to something else again after that.

For Floating and Lockscreen notifications, Importance must be set to Urgent first.

The problem is, that for some apps you cannot set the option "popup-notification on lockscreen" (see Attachment - its german but its the point "popupbenachrichtigungen und sperrbildchirm")
For all apps, where this option can be set, it will be shown on the lockscreen.
In miui9 it was possible to set this for every app - now its restricted and thats the issue.
fec5767e3b1dd0101c7103c888e43a0e.jpg

Gesendet von meinem MI 6 mit Tapatalk

The problem is, that for some apps you cannot set the option "popup-notification on lockscreen" (see Attachment - its german but its the point "popupbenachrichtigungen und sperrbildchirm")
For all apps, where this option can be set, it will be shown on the lockscreen.
In miui9 it was possible to set this for every app - now its restricted and thats the issue.
What is so hard to understand in "set Importance to Urgent"? "Hoch" is High, not Urgent. "Dringend" is Urgent.

Then the problem in my case persists for:
- Whatapp
- Gmail
- Telegram
- AliExpress
- 7track
- YouTube
- Outlook
Maybe more but of these I am sure doesn't seem logical for a setting issue which could (and have) changed, does it?

What is so hard to understand in "set Importance to Urgent"? "Hoch" is High, not Urgent. "Dringend" is Urgent.
s**t, you are right... I tried it in the previous version to set it to urgent and I could swear, it didn't work before... I just assumed, it still doesn't work... Thanks for correcting me!

like i wrote. allready set everything on "urgent"...doesnt solve anything in my case. any many others.

like i wrote. allready set everything on "urgent"...doesnt solve anything in my case. any many others.
Which version do you have installed? Which language are you using?
Could you post a screenshot as I did?

You're more than welcome to complain on the official MIUI forums. The buggy notifications are not our fault, and we already did more than anyone else to attempt solving it. I, for example, don't have any issues with notifications on my Mi 5 8.6.21, aside from the no-vibration-on-first-notification issue which was already fixed by Xiaomi in newer releases.