New Mi Note 2: Settings App Name Has Changed

Slyscorpion

Members
Jan 1, 2018
In MIUI 8.3.29 the Settings app is no longer called "Settings". Instead there's a long string of words in the place of "Settings"

I am using the latest weekly for my Mi Note 2 with no icon packs or non-MIUI themes applied such as with Substratum.

I've attached 2 screenshots that should show the issue with the Settings app being completely renamed.

Also, this issue did not occur in version 8.3.26.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-30-10-29-11-076_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-30-10-29-11-076_com.miui.home.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 322
  • Screenshot_2018-03-30-09-55-01-722_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2018-03-30-09-55-01-722_com.android.settings.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:
Sir , that can be fixed, i think , with a factory reset. I am not getting any of that in the latest version...

Sir , that can be fixed, i think , with a factory reset. I am not getting any of that in the latest version...

Yup, it's fixed after a factory reset, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Will I have to factory reset my phone every time I update or was this just a fluke?

Yup, it's fixed after a factory reset, thanks for the suggestion ;)

Will I have to factory reset my phone every time I update or was this just a fluke?

I think it was bad luck .
I don't know how that string got in the settings name, but i don't think you will have to reset it everytime :)

I think it was bad luck .
I don't know how that string got in the settings name, but i don't think you will have to reset it everytime :)

I'm kinda new to this version of MIUI so I do have a somewhat related question:

Does this ROM get OTA updates or do I have to flash it via recovery? I see that there is an updater app hence my asking.

I'm kinda new to this version of MIUI so I do have a somewhat related question:

Does this ROM get OTA updates or do I have to flash it via recovery? I see that there is an updater app hence my asking.

You should receive OTAs every week, after the release here. Some users said thet they not received the OTA notification and the Updater app says it's the latest version, but i doubt they don't support OTAs anymore. I can't say from my experience because i don't stay on the roms that much XD