(Mi note 3) Lateral/Back gestures do not work 20.5.21

barbace

Members
May 2, 2017
Hello, I wanted to report that the side gestures do not work on my Note 3, while the one from below works.

Inviato dal mio Mi Note 3 utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: tarakbumba
Hello, I wanted to report that the side gestures do not work on my Note 3, while the one from below works.

Confirmed. "Back" button gesture doesn't work.

Mi Note 3 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Hi, the bug is also present in the 20.5.14

Same here. Still no back button gesture with 20.5.14. Weird thing is when I modify build.prop and set "qemu.hw.mainkeys" value to zero, gestures work as expected.

Reactions: barbace
Ok, but so I have a layout bug of mi camera.
8b9ed630ea624dc5a17b7fa8470ffee9.jpg

That's the only glitch with build.prop trick. Btw, what camera is that? I don't have AI button on my camera app?

Mi Note 3 Community
Xiaomi Mi Note 3 Group, Where You Can Discuss About This Device! (Firmware, Hardware, Hacks, Etc...)
Our Channel:/minote3channel

Warning: THIS ISNT A REDMI NOTE 3 GROUP!
26515a5d38eb426127aeefc19da2e7e3.jpg

File:
content://org.telegram.messenger.provider/media/Telegram/Telegram%20Documents/2_5323787524475193031.zip

This zip active the api2 to use the g.c.a.m.

Reactions: tarakbumba
Thank you. I'm actually member of that group but didn't know that module adds ai capabilities to stock cam.

Ok, but so I have a layout bug of mi camera.
8b9ed630ea624dc5a17b7fa8470ffee9.jpg

You people have a tendency to abuse the word "bug". This is not a bug. Far from it. You think "qemu.hw.mainkeys" is some magic words? Setting this property to 0 makes the OS and apps assume that your device does not have hardware buttons below the screen and so the OS should draw on-screen navigation bar and apps layout themselves as if you had a navigation bar, and does so incorrectly. Don't touch this property if you don't know what you're doing.
Better explain what "back button gesture" you guys are talking about...

You people have a tendency to abuse the word "bug". This is not a bug. Far from it. You think "qemu.hw.mainkeys" is some magic words? Setting this property to 0 makes the OS and apps assume that your device does not have hardware buttons below the screen and so the OS should draw on-screen navigation bar and apps layout themselves as if you had a navigation bar, and does so incorrectly. Don't touch this property if you don't know what you're doing.
Better explain what "back button gesture" you guys are talking about...
Let me explain the issue: Swipe from screen side gesture which acts as a back/return/switch to other app actions don't work. Setting "qemu.hw.mainkeys" to zero indeed causes the OS to assume device have no hardware buttons and gestures work as expected. I think this is a bug because gestures were working with 20.3.26 ROM.
708a35880e91c5643c5ea33fae6922fc.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much. You and other xiaomi.eu devs are great. Keep up awesome work!

Strange. There's no issue on Mi 6 and both devices basically have the same front side configuration when it comes to buttons.
I'll see if there's any code difference between the Mi Note 3 and Mi 6...

EDIT: There are no differences. Don't know why it doesn't work for you.

Last edited:
Здравствуйте, у меня есть эта ошибка на xiaomi mi note 3 тоже. Жесты работают очень плохо, "назад/назад" вообще не работает. Открытие недавние/ не работает хорошо, если вы включите меню приложения

Still the bug is present with 20.5.21. Please inform me how can I help to solve this issue. Thanks