Mi Note Virgo Update Problem

Bob Weigelt

Members
Mar 19, 2016
Hello,
I have a Mi Note lte(virgo) currently on MIUI Global Stable 7.1.2.0(KXEMICK).I tried to download the latest rom with no success.
The phone is NOT rooted.I am unable to root the phone.TWRP I am also unable to install.Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?
thanks in advance.

U need to download from Google Plays store ---> Flashify then after installation please go to "Security" next to Root Access and give access to Flashify. Then install by Flashify TWRP for your mobile.

Hello,thanks for the reply.
Flashify tells meI have no root access. In security app there is no option to grant root access.

so you need to use MiFlash to flash your mobile and please use older unlock version of Miui for Mi Note.

OK I,ll try that..
Thanks for your help!

one other question do I flash ALL or Flash all except storage?

well nothing I have tried has worked.The phone refuses to flash.Infact the phone will only flash the the latest Chinese stable rom or developer rom using the mi PCSuite.It will not root either.So it seems Im stuck until the next update from Xiaomi.

If I put the phone in Fastboot then open mi PC suite i get the choice of
8MqMwRpi

Last edited:
update.
managed to root the phone and I installed rom manager, twrp manager, super su but have so far been unable to install any rom.cannot bypass the locked bootloader

yes Im on Virgo.Mi Note bootloader is locked.
In view of the protection of users' privacy and data, and to better gel with Mi Cloud services to 'locate your device', the Redmi Note 3' bootloader is locked since last decemeber 2015. Following suite, with be Mi Note/Pro and Mi 4c, with immediate effect.

This is also inline and in response to security concerns laid down by Google. Hence, there is a change to the ROOT access in CN DEV ROM, and default SU (Super User) will be removed by default. However, if ROOT is required, you can still have it ROOT-ed but will require you to take extra steps.

Xiaomi just released Version: 6.3.17 for Mi Note Virgo.After a few attempts I managed to flash it using MiFlash tool.My phone is now running Android 6.0.1 unrooted.progress at least!

Virgo is never locked before and now...
Only MI Note Pro. And MI 4c, and new Phones: Redmi Note3/Pro, Redmi 3, Mi4S, Mi5

I am on Virgo china developer since I have this phone. And it never locked. Neither time was 4.4, neither time is now 6.0.