MI-ONE in Australia...

trust-no-one

Members
Aug 31, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm new here :D. Well, just a quick introduction: I'm a student, programmer, violinist and Linux fan from South Australia XD.

I need a new phone, and the MI-ONE looks absolutely amazing. I was wondering, is it compatible with Australian phone bands? I'm with Telstra, and the band I need to run it on is 850 MHZ UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+ (3G). Switching carriers isn't really an option unfortunately. Is the phone compatible? I have read in several places that it is, but I just want to make sure it definitely is before I go and order one.

TIA,
tno

EDIT: just a suggestion, a mod / admin may want to make a section for the MI-ONE as there are sections for many other phones...

welcome to this community ;)

MI-One should be compatible but you need to wait till October when the phone come to shops in China. For now its not for sale anywhere !
And there is still no information if this will be for sale out of China !
So if you like to change your phone you need to wait for a while ;) or you need to go for some other device.
:cool:

Hi guys,

I'm new here :D. Well, just a quick introduction: I'm a student, programmer, violinist and Linux fan from South Australia XD.

I need a new phone, and the MI-ONE looks absolutely amazing. I was wondering, is it compatible with Australian phone bands? I'm with Telstra, and the band I need to run it on is 850 MHZ UMTS/WCDMA/HSPA/HSPA+ (3G). Switching carriers isn't really an option unfortunately. Is the phone compatible? I have read in several places that it is, but I just want to make sure it definitely is before I go and order one.

TIA,
tno

EDIT: just a suggestion, a mod / admin may want to make a section for the MI-ONE as there are sections for many other phones...

OK thanks, im willing to wait ^^. My current phone is a ~3 year old Blackberry Bold, so I can wait a month or so. So pumped for Android tho XD

tno