Mi Pad 4 not shown at PC - any additional drivers needed

PascalDollansky

Members
Nov 30, 2016
Hi

when I connect my MiPad4 to my PC it is not recognized and not shown in the Explorer when running it in Fastboot mode to request for bootloader unlock.
Having it running normal it is detected.

Do I need any additional drivers to install - I am running Windows 10 and the MiPad4 is running Miui 9.6 stable

Last edited:
Sorry my description was bad.
It is not recognized in fastboot mode.
When I start the MiUnlockTool it says waiting for device to be connected and also in ADB it is not shown with the "fastboot devices" command

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2 mit Tapatalk

Make sure you use a USB 2 port whenever working with fastboot. USB 3 ports do not work. If you have only USB 3 ports on your computer, as I have, use a cheap USB 2 hub in between.

Yestrerday I had the very same problem. Once I downloaded mi unlock and connected mi pad in fastboot there was a sound that a new device was connected to the PC, but nothing happened. As I opened Device Manager in WIN10 I saw new item with an exclamation mark named "Android". I right clicked it, chose Update Drivers, then Let me choose the device, then Show me all devices and finally : From my local hard drive. Then I pointed put to the mi unlocking tool catalogue which had a drivers in WIN10 catalogue I believe. Pointing to that file installed the driver for me and instantly I was able to unlock in mi unlocking tool.