Mi plug mini - socket (wifi) - communication problems

Auxer

Members
May 11, 2016
Hi,
use the Mi plug mini wifi device for a year, without any problem, configured on china server. For a couple of days the device is no longer controllable via the Mi Home app. Do the reset, configure the device, it works for a few minutes, but after a few hours the application detects me the status of the device (even when I physically change it via the button) but does not allow me to control it from the application.

Has anyone encountered the problem? Solutions? Ideas?

Xiaomi is closing the taps to extra-china products and not present in other markets?

Thanks in advance.

Exactly same problem here with 4 sockets
Any news? No update to fix the problem?
Right now they are useless except por paper weights

Hi, i have a news. I think that with last firmware update if you turn off the socket by physical button you deactivate the socket ok, but after, you lost connection with the server. btw, if you configure it and manage ONLY by app or remote control you not have any problem... NOT USE THE PHYSICAL BUTTON !!! o_Oo_Oo_O

Still same problem
I even bought 4 new sockets in case the first one were broken and the same problem
I am able to conect with them, they work fine for more o less 30 minutes and then conection failure.
Server is st in mainland China
Any ideas? Any help?

Thanks

Hi, I have the same problem here!!!, one month ago maybe, I start with this issue.
I have 2 smart socket mini (WIFI) and I need to reset both to see online again, but after a few hours goes offline and I need to power off and power on to see them online again.
I try to change parameters on the Mikrotik AP (wifi router), change the AP brand, etc.... but it's always the same problem.
The only solution is power off from the wall and then power on again.

I try to ping from the Router to the both sockets and I LOST about 30% of packages, on the LAN envoriment. I attach a pic about the ping test.

I think is a problem with the CPU of the socket in relation with the firmware

MI Home app: 5.4.46 Mainland China server
firmware of socket: 1.2.3_17

Any ideas?
Thanks
Diego.

Attachments

• screenshot 2019-01-07.png
    screenshot 2019-01-07.png
    213.1 KB · Views: 1,065
I tell you my experience:
I was working around with openhab when this started to happen. At first time I didn't link both things, but something with openhab was messing up with sockets.
I installed again openhab, and everything back to normal.
I don't think this is the case for most of you but I guess that if you try to install openhab and do this, your devices could get back to normal

Hi everyone,

I bought mi plug mini wifi and I have connection timed out problem. my region is Chinese, I have 2.4ghz router. I have changed my wifi name, wifi password, router. I tried to set up it from ios and android. I installed old version of mi home app. Blue light is steady but I could not complete the set up because of the time out problem. I can't see the plug in mi home app. I tried everything that ı found online as a solution but nothing changed. can anyone help?

Regards

Reactions: KoKoChit