Mi Smart Mini projector focus problem

yenerunver

Members
Nov 4, 2021
I recently bought a Mi Smart Mini projector. The focus gets broken after some time. I suspect the projector gets heated and the plastic around the lens expands. Does anyone has the same issue and fixed?

I recently bought a Mi Smart Mini projector. The focus gets broken after some time. I suspect the projector gets heated and the plastic around the lens expands. Does anyone has the same issue and fixed?
I think I have the same problem and it's very annoying. After a period the images looses focus for itself and I need to make the focus adjustment again.

As far as I understand, it is because of plastic expansion around the lens. When the projector gets hot, the frame around lens expands and causes a loss on the focus. So as a solution, I keep the focus on the hottest point and just open my projector a bit earlier before watching. So that it can get hot before I start watching.

Are you able to set a focus point and keep it fixed? Everytime I start the projector it forces a autofocus.

I disabled the auto-focus and fixed the focus at the hottest point. So far, even though it seems like focusing on the startup, it always starts blurry, gets fixed after ~5-10 minutes.