Mi Transfer app missing

emaz

Members
Oct 14, 2012
Hi guys i've recently noticed that mi transfer is missing from my rom.
Is it just me? Did they just removed it from all builds or only from mi 1s?

We removed it from Mi1 rom.

Wysłane z MI3

well, thanks for the answer, just give some more info, which is the reason? That way you're teasing me XD

ps: There's any chance to get that apk form build and push it in to m1 one?

Sorry no. We remove the app because of low system space. And Transfer is not commonly used so it was best choice.

If you are strictly English user and need Transfer then use original miui rom from miui.com.

Wysłane z MI3

Last edited:
The troubles start once the /system partition is full right? It mean no more space for new apps (flagged as sys apps) user may install. Or that's something else i'm missing?

So enlarging the system partition is the solution.

Ps i copied app in /system and permissions fixed seems to work (i had 7.5 mb of free space)

Yes its because of system partition which is limited to 210MB if I recall correctly. Oversized rom is risky because user after flashing oversized system folder will get bootloop.
But if you have 7.5 MB free before Transfer I might bring it back. But we are not sure if we can support mione...

Wysłane z MI3

In the mi ione section there are afaik 2 scripts to resize /system partition (removing the "dualboot" feature i guess).
In the worst scenario it's possible to make a flashable zip of mi transfer (a single app lol) to people who still have free space or like to live dangerously.
If you need any df or stuff like that let me know.