MI10 - MIUI 13 with Android 12 - discussion & support [2022]

It is truly the old (?!) device, but the hardware is more than sufficient to easily run OS and many apps. It's great news that you posted, there are no many OEMs that are providing this long support. It's always easier expecting the customers to move to the next gen devices (and more lucrative, of course).
So, there will be no need for improvisations porting ROMs from similar devices, it will be a straight forward upgrade?

So, there will be no need for improvisations porting ROMs from similar devices, it will be a straight forward upgrade?
At least we will get MIUI 14, maybe with Android 13, maybe with Android 12.

After Mi 11 and Mi 12 maybe it will be my last Xiaomi. Firmware/Software support is trash and for 1K I can go with Samsung or Apple (or what ever I want).

Android 13 updates
Asus: 0
Honor: 0
Oppo: 2
Realme: 1
Vivo: 0
Xiaomi: 1
Sony: 2
LG: 0
Nokia: 0
Motorola: 0
Samsung: A33, A52, A53, A71, A72, M32, M52, M53, S10 Lite, all S20, all S21, all S22, etc.

After MIUI 14 our Mi 10 will be almost dead.

Reactions: m@c|-|oR
now that we have TWRP supported on A12, what is the best way to root mi 10? it is possible to use the method in TWRP ? appreciate if someone help me with that, also do we need to format Data ?

Wait for next update
Sorry to reply to an old comment, but I got 13.0.6.0 finally on my Mi 10 Pro hoping it'll fix the 3rd party app fingerprint issue, but nope, nothing. Fingerprint still works for unlocking and payments through Google Pay, but refuses to work for logging in to 3rd party apps, this is getting quite frustrating because my friends and family with other Xiaomi phones are on MIUI 13 with no such issues, it's only mine that is experiencing this bug

Anyone tried 13.0.8.0 already and found any issues?
I will flash it later but looks like.just security patch level update and 5G support (DSS)
I got 13.0.6.0 finally on my Mi 10 Pro hoping it'll fix the 3rd party app fingerprint issue, but nope, nothing. Fingerprint still works for unlocking and payments through Google Pay, but refuses to work for logging in to 3rd party apps, this is getting quite frustrating
Which app?

At least we will get MIUI 14, maybe with Android 13, maybe with Android 12.
I think I've read somewhere that umi couldn't support A13.
Again, fo almost 3 year old device, it served well. Even if it's not supported no more, it was (sorry, still is) a great phone

Послато са SM-N985F помоћу Тапатока

After one day feel like 13.0.7.0... just need to deactivate 5G

Mi10s is getting MIUI 14 and Android 13. This will be our base...

Device: Mi 10S China
Codename: #thyme
Type: Public Beta Recovery
Version: V14.0.22.12.5.DEV | 13.0

Reactions: m@c|-|oR
Fingerprint for banking apps is still broken
It might be an issue in those specific apps you're using, with the ones on my phone i don't have any issues.
@Muhamed
I'm thinking the same, seems like android wise Samsung is the only manufacturer that provides extensive software support. Maybe if they ship Qualcomm chips instead of exynos on the next galaxy i might make the switch.

Working for me (Sparkasse) also Revolut working without any issue

Thats why I send my S21+ back. Battery bad without WIFI and signal very bad compare to any device without Exynos Modei
OK, I sort it out. It seams fingerprint didn't worked properly because I dirty flashed from MIUI 12.5 to MIUI 13. After complete wipe and fresh install everything seams to work properly now

Reactions: Muhamed
13.0.8.0 China
13.0.10.0 EU

Device: Mi 10 EEA
Codename: #umi
Type: Stable Beta Recovery
Version: V13.0.10.0.SJBEUXM
Changelog:
Updated Android Security Patch to December 2022. Increased system security.

This should be ported to our Mi10/Mi10 Pro

Device: Mi 10S China
Codename: #thyme
Type: Stable Beta Recovery
Version: V14.0.2.0.TGACNXM | 13.0

Last edited:
Reactions: willes1974
i know this thread is old (and may not get replies) but what is the best miui 13 rom for battery mi 10?
i do really need one where the battery life is really good
and also can i dirty flash from miui 12.5 eu?