Mi10T Pro - safetynet ok & widevine L1 without root?

Chis1

Members
May 16, 2019
I'm keen to move to xiaomi.eu without Magisk. Can I pass safetnet and L1 with the base rom unchanged?

With or without root, your device wil pass SafetyNet and you keep Widevine L1. ;)

I always suggest to install Weekly ROMs by Xiaomi.eu, but the choice is yours. :)

Thanks a lot Poney70, this is great news!
Is this the case with the stable ROMs too or just with the weeklies? I'm looking for stability and battery duration, so I was thinking of the stable.

Thanks!

Thanks a lot Poney70, this is great news!
Is this the case with the stable ROMs too or just with the weeklies? I'm looking for stability and battery duration, so I was thinking of the stable.

Thanks!
Both sound have all certificates working.
The exception would be when Xiaomi releases a new MIUI version, since they are released first in China, and Google is blocked there (Google provides Widevine certificates), Chinese ROMs don't get certified as fast as they get released, the Xiaomi.eu team has to wait untill the device or MIUI version gets released Globaly by Xiaomi, and that's where they get certificates. That's what I know, if I'm wrong, anyone can correct me please.
Edit: So I got things wrong, post with all corrections is below.

Last edited:
The exception would be when Xiaomi releases a new MIUI version, since they are released first in China, and Google is blocked there ...
MIUI version is irrelevant. Each build has to be certified individually, so some Stable ROMs might not be certified (usually called "Stable Beta"), but for Weeklies we use a known certified fingerprint in order to pass SafetyNet.

... (Google provides Widevine certificates) ...
Absolutely false. Widevine L1 certificates are provisioned by Xiaomi Could service (com.miui.cloudservice) which sends a request to a Xiaomi-owned server (find.api.micloud.xiaomi.net). That service also handles certificates for supported payment services, like FIDO and IFAA/Alipay.
Widevine L1 certificate provisioning has absolutely nothing to do with Google in MIUI's case.

... the Xiaomi.eu team has to wait untill the device or MIUI version gets released Globaly by Xiaomi, and that's where they get certificates.
Not true. A Stable China ROM can get certified even if the device is not available Globally, that depends on whether the China ROM for that device comes with pre-included super-basic Google Play services configured for China (which is the case for many high-end Xiaomi devices).
In short, as long as it's an actual "Stable", and not "Stable Beta", China ROM, then it usually gets certified, even if with a delay.

MIUI version is irrelevant. Each build has to be certified individually, so some Stable ROMs might not be certified (usually called "Stable Beta"), but for Weeklies we use a known certified fingerprint in order to pass SafetyNet.

Absolutely false. Widevine L1 certificates are provisioned by Xiaomi Could service (com.miui.cloudservice) which sends a request to a Xiaomi-owned server (find.api.micloud.xiaomi.net). That service also handles certificates for supported payment services, like FIDO and IFAA/Alipay.
Widevine L1 certificate provisioning has absolutely nothing to do with Google in MIUI's case.

Not true. A Stable China ROM can get certified even if the device is not available Globally, that depends on whether the China ROM for that device comes with pre-included super-basic Google Play services configured for China (which is the case for many high-end Xiaomi devices).
In short, as long as it's an actual "Stable", and not "Stable Beta", China ROM, then it usually gets certified, even if with a delay.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Igor, that helps me understand how it works better.
Do you know which of the stable versions are certified and pass Safetynet?

Thanks!

Thanks for all the corrections, I didn't know all of that.