mi2 overclock

q139

Members
Jan 31, 2013
Hi,
Is it possible to overclock mi2 yet?
or have to wait for kernel support?

Overclocking is only possible on kernel that have unlocked custom CPU frequencies. Xiaomi doesnt share kernel sources so nobody develop kernels... thus no OC. But why to OC Snapdragon S4Pro?

Some cheeky people have done things to their devices, one person scored 26000 with their Mi2 on Antutu.

My phone gets only about 20-21 000, like it would not be enough for now,lol.​
I am new to android world but do i understand right that kernel file has cpu freq/voltage tables written in or it is loaded from seperate configuration files?​

Is there any way to control gpu?

If someone can read chinese please link me to mi2 overcloking software, i have 2 phones siting and id like to see how high they can go compared to eachother.

Looks like some chinese guy has managed to pull 125 300 score on mi2 on antutu, 1500mhz.
2nd place is 25 700 at 1728mhz, il try different kernel editors if anything works and get but higher clock maybe and try , its winter in my country -20 deg so i have cooling for phone...

Those scores were made with older Antutu versions. Stock M2 will get around 21 000 pts.
If you're new to android then... maybe do something else?

- Ive never seen custom kernel for M2
- you can't OC GPU (actually it is possible e.g Nexus 7... but thats not like PC)
- your winter room temperature has nothing to do with phone cooling.

In general, theres no OC support for M2 yet.

Reactions: tamil18
Hi, I dont know whether its the right place to ask, but my benchmark for Mi2s on Antutu is just 15000, I am new to android OC, what I have to do to increase the CPU performance

Hi, I dont know whether its the right place to ask, but my benchmark for Mi2s on Antutu is just 15000, I am new to android OC, what I have to do to increase the CPU performance

Are you sure it is not fake mi2s? Because your score must be around 25000 without oc

MI 2S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

Yea. Stock MI2S should get around 24 000 pkt in Antutu. 15k is far low.
But to be sure do this:;

- check if you have Updater app on your desktop. If not then 99% you have fake
- also boot into recovery mode (vol up + power) and see if you have Mi Recovery 2.0.0.0.

Reactions: dracosc22679
Are you sure it is not fake mi2s? Because your score must be around 25000 without oc

MI 2S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi
Actually, I bought Mi2s from xiaomi.com, ordered two Mi2s in which one has score of 25000 and other is 15000.

Yea. Stock MI2S should get around 24 000 pkt in Antutu. 15k is far low.
But to be sure do this:;

- check if you have Updater app on your desktop. If not then 99% you have fake
- also boot into recovery mode (vol up + power) and see if you have Mi Recovery 2.0.0.0.

I checked the MiRecovery its 2.0.0 and not 2.0.0.0 , Updater app is under security center...
And one more thing in those two phones which I bought one was in English(the one with 25000) and the other was Chinese (the one with15000)...

Thanks for the reply..:)

Sfpost: 167098 said:
Actually, I bought Mi2s from xiaomi.com, ordered two Mi2s in which one has score of 25000 and other is 15000.
If its a fake can I ask for a replacement? Since I bought it from the xiaomi site itself ?...
Thanks.

Nah.. It's not fake then. You have correct recovery and updater app. Are you sure second MI2 is MI2S and not old Mi2? Also check if you have Normal power profile set in settings. If you have Power saving then benchmark results can be low.

Wysłane z MI-2

Thanks. My Mi2s was in Power saving mode, after I change it to Normal mode benchmark was 24k. And yes its Mi2s and not Mi2...
Thanks again:)

Hi,
Is it possible to overclock mi2 yet?
or have to wait for kernel support?

Are U kidding me??? I remember Qualcomm said their cpu works below 40 degrees Celsius.
M2 produce a lot of heat even works in normal mode, if you overclock your M2, there will be only one result that you will get your phone burnt...

Are U kidding me??? I remember Qualcomm said their cpu works below 40 degrees Celsius.
M2 produce a lot of heat even works in normal mode, if you overclock your M2, there will be only one result that you will get your phone burnt...

Thats true sometimes phone gets very hot espacialy when all cores run.
I would find more use in undervolting to save battery life as i see no performane need, app delays start to happen before.