Mi2 repair needed

Jan 23, 2013
Hey guys,
I recently dropped my Xiaomi MI2 and my screen cracked and because of that the touchscreen stopped working.
Do any of you guys know a place in Europe i can send my phone to to get my screen repaired? I myself live in the Netherlands.
I hope i'm not out of options. :)

Hey guys,
I recently dropped my Xiaomi MI2 and my screen cracked and because of that the touchscreen stopped working.
Do any of you guys know a place in Europe i can send my phone to to get my screen repaired? I myself live in the Netherlands.
I hope i'm not out of options. :)

Have you any luck with your screen replacement?

Wow I never actually saw like a drop test of xiaomi mi2 or heard of anybody that had his screen cracked.
You didnt have screen protector or case on?
Josef.

Wow I never actually saw like a drop test of xiaomi mi2 or heard of anybody that had his screen cracked.
You didnt have screen protector or case on?
Josef.

sorry for the very late reply. no i didn't have a screen protector on it, and yes it does only very rarely crack. i have let it fall for more than 15 times at least before it cracked. today i got my new screen and i also bought a cover while i was at it. ;)

sorry for the very late reply. no i didn't have a screen protector on it, and yes it does only very rarely crack. i have let it fall for more than 15 times at least before it cracked. today i got my new screen and i also bought a cover while i was at it. ;)

Hey destructionahead did you have luck replacing the touchscreen? I was thinking about buying the exact same item from brando.com (by the way i think it's from Hong Kong, not the US) but i'm afraid that replacing only the digitizer would be difficult because i heard it's glued to the LCD.
Can you share your experience about the shop and about the repair? Thank you! :)

Hey destructionahead did you have luck replacing the touchscreen? I was thinking about buying the exact same item from brando.com (by the way i think it's from Hong Kong, not the US) but i'm afraid that replacing only the digitizer would be difficult because i heard it's glued to the LCD.
Can you share your experience about the shop and about the repair? Thank you! :)

yes! don't buy it!
it's practically impossible to remove the digitizer and place a new one on it. you'll have to buy a digitizer already glued together to a new lcd.
i got my new replacement screen two days ago out of hongkong. (it took about 10-14 days to be sent and shipped) it was a bit hard at first to find out how everything fit together but i got it working after about 30 minutes. i had to glue the new screen to the frame that sits above the motherboard which holds the screen, which is unfortunate because it will never be as strong of a bond as before, but everything worked out okay.
here's a link to the replacement screen i bought: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-for-Xiaomi-M2-Complete-LCD-with-Digitizer-LCD-Screen-Assembly-with-Touch-Screen-Black/881149225.html

Thank you, so i think i'll buy the LCD + digitizer assembly from ibuygou and replace all, I'm buying a cover and a screen protector too and i'll be more careful with the phone, it already costed me 100$ more than its price because of this accident! :(

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Thank you, so i think i'll buy the LCD + digitizer assembly from ibuygou and replace all, I'm buying a cover and a screen protector too and i'll be more careful with the phone, it already costed me 100$ more than its price because of this accident! :(

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

well let''s hope everything works out fine then! :)