MI3 broken power button

Ivo Vancāns

Members
May 19, 2014
Hi guys,

My girlfriend's MI3 has a problem with power button (I guess). At one point it started working partly, the pattern of this was like this - works for some number of times, then doesn't work for some number of times. It even didn't look like a problem with hardware, but more like some software, theme glitch. During the night phone discharged fully and now it can't be turned on. I want to know if anyone else has had this experience. Is there a way how to turn it on without power button? Should I order this housing case (http://shop.brando.com/Xiaomi-Mi-3-Replacement-Housing_p10866c1665d004.html) to resolve the problem. If so, has anybody replaced the housing before? Please help.

Best,
Ivo

Is the phone charged? Try to charge with another charger+cable, in the case yours got damaged.
The case you chose does not have the mic hole in the back, near the flash. The case is for mi3 tegra and not wcdma.
Search on spemall, there I saw housings for mi3 wcdma.

Is the phone charged? Try to charge with another charger+cable, in the case yours got damaged.
The case you chose does not have the mic hole in the back, near the flash. The case is for mi3 tegra and not wcdma.
Search on spemall, there I saw housings for mi3 wcdma.
The phone is charged.
Thank you for your suggestion.
Tomorrow I will try my luck at local phone repair services.

Problem resolved. The phone was under rain, that's why the button form the inside was dead. I gave phone to local service and they weren't afraid to fix it. Cheap fix also, 20EUR. :)

agree..to hav such as fix costing 20 eur is not cheap to me..anyway, your phone is safe n working!!