Mi3 constant rebootng

Dene

Members
May 3, 2014
I have just received my Mi3 WCDMA and it constantly reboots. The only time it is stable is while connected to PC via USB.
Reboots while connected to normal charger.
The phone will stay on recovery screen for extended periods while unconnected but as soon as I boot MIUI the screen freezes and phone reboots within 10 seconds.
Seems like a software issue but I could be wrong.

Any thoughts, help?

Not too sure of the process for fastboot. Bit of a noob with android. Do i flash official Rom with fastboot?

Thanks again.

I have tried but I get an error in MiFlash.

"Not enough storage space to complete this operation" I have wiped all data of SD through Recovery.

Are you sure it's not a fake?

Sent from my Xiaomi Mi3 using Tapatalk

Pretty sure. Ordered through xiaomishop.com. Can flash miui roms through recovery.
Will check the IMEI when I get a chance.

What is your version of windows? 32 or 64 bits?
Miflash only works in 32 bit.
Or have your memory card with little space for the rom

I was just discussing this with a colleague. Thought it might be a driver issue in MiFlash I will have to try and find a 32-bit PC and have a try.

I really appreciate all of your help with this.

Hi Not sure what your last comment means.

Is it that you think the battery is faulty? It will charge and appears to hold charge. I have requested info for return for repair/replace from xiaomi shop. They have been very quiet since I asked....

Not looking forward to the time delay on that as I am in New Zealand. Very upsetting as the phone looks great and operates very well apart from this issue.