Mi4 Display

slavke1976

Members
Oct 31, 2013
Hello again after long time.
i am interested to buy Mi4, but have hear that there are 2 version of displays, one is Sharp, and another one is JDI.
How to know which has Sharp display, as they say it is better then JDI?
And what it means at webshop , sharp-JDI? they could sell one of this, but they dont know which one is sharp and which is JDI? or what?
for example here: http://xiaomishop.it/smartphone/225...-5-sharp-jdi-1080p-cam-13mpx-sony-imx214.html

Sorry didnt see thread under mine.
But how we can know which one is display?

Go to diagnostic app (*#*#MIUI#*#*) and search for full report dump (in options). Then open the report and there will be Display manufacturer name in some of the first lines.

Wysłane z MI Note

Thank you for answer. But i dont have phone yet, and i cant check it on one webstore.
how it is difference ? i mean big or it is just for experts?

Little difference in color temperature.

Wysłane z MI Note

HOOO yes ti's this problem it is this problem that I wanted to mention in this thread
http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/differences-in-screen-quality-between-xiaomi-mi4-phones.27618/
I have two mi, one wcdma white 64go producted on October 2014 with a very good screen and a black mi4 producted in April 2015 with a poor screen. Acid what's the diagnostic app (*#*#MIUI#*#*) ?

there is a real difference between the above two screens in white. the black mi4 which have the poor screen have a white that close to yellow

Last edited:
Go to diagnostic app (*#*#MIUI#*#*) and search for full report dump (in options). Then open the report and there will be Display manufacturer name in some of the first lines.

Wysłane z MI Note

HI
I'm in hardware tests with *#*#6484#*#* but i don't find full report dump. In options? can you take please a screenshot? thanks

e9cfba706edb7fd0d1b1c766ee306cb3.jpg

Hit 3 dot menu and then Tools. You will find Logs options or Reports (can't remember in English).

Wysłane z MI Note

e9cfba706edb7fd0d1b1c766ee306cb3.jpg

Hit 3 dot menu and then Tools. You will find Logs options or Reports (can't remember in English).

Wysłane z MI Note

thank you Acid :). Yes i have seen it. but i don't know how to generate the report bug.
This subject is not treated anywhere and yet it is very important because the Mi4 has been noticed in part to his screen but which one? the Mi4 comes with shrap screens or Jdi. One of the two corresponds to what is expected of the Mi4 screen. The other is a screen with poor quality and lose a weight of argument to the MI4.

Edit : i have discover to the RIL LOG this line :
05-26 04:13:01.733 D/TelephonyManager( 245): /proc/cmdline=console=ttyHSL0,115200,n8 androidboot.hardware=qcom user_debug=31 msm_rtb.filter=0x37 ehci-hcd.park=3 androidboot.emmc=true androidboot.serialno=a3****** androidboot.hwversion=43 syspart=system1 bl_version=1.0 androidboot.baseband=msm mdss_mdp.panel=1:dsi:0:qcom,mdss_dsi_jdi_fhd_cmd_95
At the end of this line jdi :) which corespond to the manufacturer name?
this line comes from the black mi4 16go wcdma which have the poor screen.

Last edited:
It is good that you find why it is display poor. For me it is strange that on any site where i watch to buy xiaomi mi4 in description of phone they write Sharp/JDI, even on official site. it is little not polite of them as definitely this 2 manufacturer of screens are not same quality.

@MISEN can you take photo of 2 screens and post here, i would like to see difference as i want to buy MI4. Or if i never have seen mi4 till now, i cant see difference and to not worry about?

Last edited:
Is there any method for know the panel brand? I tried the RIL LOG but not found anything

As i could understand i think that xiaomi use both manufacturer in one phone JDI and Sharp. One is for screen and one for that special touch screen. I dont know explain but as i read that under glass of screen is special panel to have better response for touching screen. Maybe somebody know better then me what is it , and can explain

As i could understand i think that xiaomi use both manufacturer in one phone JDI and Sharp. One is for screen and one for that special touch screen. I dont know explain but as i read that under glass of screen is special panel to have better response for touching screen. Maybe somebody know better then me what is it , and can explain

Slavke1976 thank you and all the others who are trying here to answer all these questions being asked. I'm sorry but I don't have the black 16GB mi4 wcdma that the worst screen ( yellow tint) and which corresponds to the JDI display and manufactured in december 2014.
For MI4 against two 64GB wcdma I tested this week and are manufactured in October 2014 (date of manufacture marked behind the pack beside the serial number) the screens are ecxcellents, with bright white and no yellow tint. for those who have a MI4, can you tell us what model it is, the quality of the screen and the date of manufacture? thank you
I think xiaomi reserve the best displays its flagship phones and like the MI4 64GO
But what is the quality of the screen of MI Note and Mi note pro ? someone answer can to this question?

I bought MI4 LTE, produced on april 2015, and it has beautiful screen. I am so happy

Sure? haven't you yellow tint? have you high contrast and high brightness? Ibuygou and smartophone confirms those display issues on the Mi4 currently sold. The two mi4 ( wcdma and FDD LTE) produced in 2015/ 04 have a screen with yellow tint, poor contrast and less brightness
where did you buy your Mi4 FDD LTE? if you can compare it with an Mi4 produced in 2014 10 or 2014 07 , you will see the difference about the white Color, you Will see that you don't have the same white color

I don't know, but my phone screen doesn't have yellow tint, when i tried in settings for contrasts and colours, it shows very well white no yellow tint. Contrasts i keep in auto mode, and colours on standard. I bough my phone in hungary,. I am sorry but i can't compare with mi4 produced on 2014 as here near me nobody use this phone.