Mi4 Miui 8

Michele96

Members
Sep 19, 2015
Hi I upgraded my mi4 4.4 to 6.0.1 miui 8 , in a week my phone has rebooted 3 times do not understand why can depend on what ? I state that I updated the phone by just wipe cache and Dalvik

I read a little , eh .. but then the test you are doing still no results I have read that it can also depend on the energy savings or the battery model ? but these problems also occur in stable china ? however, I try a hard reset if so to try

Better install wake lock powermanager app, enable partial, allow auto start for all and lock it in multi-task menu, you will workaround the reboots

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: manlysixpacks
so it's a kernel problem that does not run well ? but xiaomi should be aware of this problem but still have not created a fix , since it also happens in the global but only a few .. do not understand this .

Reactions: jc rey
so it's a kernel problem that does not run well ? but xiaomi should be aware of this problem but still have not created a fix , since it also happens in the global but only a few .. do not understand this .
Agree, they should really speed up on this.

In fact .. but still they do not do anything , the only thing and wait for the next update , though if you want I can post the error log , but as I find them ? and that program that would aim , controls the management of the cpu ?

In fact .. but still they do not do anything , the only thing and wait for the next update , though if you want I can post the error log , but as I find them ? and that program that would aim , controls the management of the cpu ?
Yes this is keeping cpu minimal activity. I use this workaround for myself, kids and workmates with mi4

where can I find the log, where explains the restart reason?
I think it is not logged...
You need to use logcat to capture log, but you ll probably see nothing, as all of us.

auto reboot occurs from 7.3.2 (the first 6.0 rom i installed) -> 7.5.6 and 8.0.2 too, .eu rom or global, china version, also Dev.. i think it's about 6.0 kernel. 2 days with wake-lock-manager my fone works well.. keeping tracking~~

you definitely will be something in the kernel that at some stage can not will perform the action , and then restart the phone , I'm using even I wake lock but I notice that the more you hold it in the backgroud and consumes more battery

you definitely will be something in the kernel that at some stage can not will perform the action , and then restart the phone , I'm using even I wake lock but I notice that the more you hold it in the backgroud and consumes more battery
strange as I do not see much changes in battery drain with wake lock 'partial'. Do you configure it enabling more ?

a
Although the problem manifests in every MM miui for Mi4, we cannot say that because KK or MM+wake lock are reboot free that the problem was not inside before. It was just not toggled. Again, it does not mean new kernel have a problem, it problaby toggles something that was not used before. This may explain that xiaomi did not find a proper fix. Just speculating.

actually I started to have a reboot with KK beta , then I installed a stable 7.1.5 and I got them two reboots after which anything .. so there will be something that is not working as it should , it's not speculate on xiaomi because the rest works fine , they just have to understand the problem and for some time now that happens to some people

Juz consuming 1% batery overnight bro, quite good. and with 7.1.5 kitkat china stable I got no auto reboot all the time. So weird.

Attachments

• 14215694_10205266160733173_1530402042_o.jpg
    14215694_10205266160733173_1530402042_o.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 229
Wake-lock juz consumes 9% of xxx % of battery consumation of all Apps, the longer you use your phone the smaller the indicator will be so dont worry. Mine juz ~3% of all-day-use.

2016bc801998-a8d4-47f1-bdef-d9d5a0858c0f.png